Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-28-2006, 09:43 AM   #1
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller

My Mood:
Oh boy, teething, a cold AND separation anxiety...

.. what a combo that is! *ugh*
Mason who's usually a 'happy camper' and really easy is whiny like heck those days! I can't get anything done lately!!! As soon as I'm moving out of sight, he starts *****ing (I can hear it in his voice, it's like a "Where the heck are you going!?" sound) and I feel I'm rushing everywhere. Getting laundry to wash from upstairs, flying down the steps, quickly loading the machine, everything w/his whining in the backgroud. It's a neverending story right now and drives me NUTS!!!

I've sold most of my bought fitteds as I found out my own pocket fitteds fit and work the best, so now I've got a small stash and need to make more in order for me not having to wash dipes every day, yet I can't seem to get to it! Mister only naps 1hr max right now and already sitting here online reduces the time... (Guess I'd stop typing and get sewing, huh? )

Anyway, just had to vent as I know DH doesn't understand.. eventhough he says he does... But honestly, which DH, who's not a SAHF really does!?

Thanks for listening!

Advertisement

Old 05-03-2006, 08:57 AM   #2
romecat
Registered Users

Re: Oh boy, teething, a cold AND separation anxiety...

Thank GOD we don't have he 'cold' part going too, because the other two are rough!! I am gong NUTS!!!

I have no advice, just sympathy! DD (8 months) naps 1 hour total /day and is a PISTOL. Gripes about everything.

DH took over this past weekend so I could finally get some sleep, she has been waking all of the time lately. Well, he was DRAGING on Sunday and about to lose it by Monday. He kept saying, 'Why is she so, um, not nice?'

I felt so sorry for him, but not totally sorry. KWIM?

Best of luck to you that this passes soon!!
romecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 09:28 AM   #3
Jemgirl

Toe Jam anyone?
seller

My Mood:

Val,
I can TOTALLY relate! I am positive Liam is teething now too. He is sooooo whiny/grumpy. he usually has such a great demeanor, but man.....I don't know WHAT to do with him these days. (as he starts crying now ). And I don't know if the teething is giving him such a fever.....I remember my other two getting fevers around 100, but his was 101.8 last night
to you and your little guy!
Jemgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 12:29 PM   #4
FitMommyOf2
seller

My Mood:

Thanks, mamas!
By now he's gotten a little better, he doesn't seem overly cranky anymore, but therefore he's turned into a nap champion (yesterday 1st nap was for 2.5 hrs! and the 2nd one I interrupted after 1.5hrs as I know the longer he sleeps the more often he wakes up at night -which sure enough he did..)
So now he went from sleeping 12hrs straight through the night but being crappy during the day if his naps were too short (1hr) to waking up 2x again but napping longer.. If I'd only find the middle way!

Romecat,
good for you that your Hubby gave you some lil' time off by watching your DD. And yes, I can totally understand what you mean w/not really feeling bad for him! Men sometimes need to be in our shoes to being able to really appreciate us.

Jeme,
oh man, I'm sorry Liam has a fever! Are you giving him any tylenol? I know in the bad whining times when Mason would also have a higher temp I had to. Oh and in case you haven't tried them yet, Highland's homoepathic teething tbls seem to work great for us. Maybe give this a try too?
I hope he'll feel better soon too! (How many teeth does he have by now? Mason has 6; he started w/4 months and every month he got a new one.. Guess he wants to chew some nice steak in the summer. )
Old 05-03-2006, 02:50 PM   #5
vick
You know me; not much with the damseling.
seller

Val, hope he's back to his old self very soon! Isabel wakes up 2-3 times a night AND takes very brief naps, so you have my sympathies

Jeme, hope Liam is feeling better!
Old 05-03-2006, 04:27 PM   #6
FitMommyOf2
seller

My Mood:

Thanks, Vick!
I'm sorry to hear that Isabel also still wakes up 2-3x. But you're still BF, right? See, since I am FF, I always expected Mason to sleep through much earlier and for a long(er) time he did.. But I guess in combo w/being able to crawl and pulling himself up etc. plus teething I can't really expect it.
I hope Isabel will give you a well rested night's sleep soon too!
Old 05-03-2006, 10:14 PM   #7
Jemgirl

Toe Jam anyone?
seller

My Mood:

Val,
Liam is still fighting something off. I was thinking it was all teething related at first (none have poked thru yet, but he seems to be working hard on them), but now not sure whats going on with him. If he is still having this fever pop up and down tomorrow, I'll have him checked out. I keep trying to get some tylenol in him when he starts getting REALLY warm, but he HATES it (totally my kid in that respect, I guess!).
Glad Mason seems to be doing a bit better. So hard when you can't do much for them, or just don't know what they really NEED to feel a bit better.
Jemgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 05:59 AM   #8
FitMommyOf2
seller

My Mood:

Jeme,
sorry I didn't reply earlier!

How's Liam doing by now? Did his fever go down? Mason's still got a higher temp and his lower gums are swollen like heck. I guess that the teeth take a little longer this time to come through?..