View Poll Results: Did you have music in the delivery room?
Yes (please let me know what it was ) 41 28.47%
No 103 71.53%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-15-2007, 05:15 PM   #21
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

Re: Music in the delivery room?

With DD1 I had an ocean waves CD and some relaxing irish music. I let ocean waves play for my entire hospital stay, for the next year, everytime DD was fussy, I played ocean waves and she'd calm down.

With DD2 I was too sick and tired to worry about putting on music, I actually had Animal Cops and Croc Hunter on the tv, not that I watched it, labor kind of takes away from tv enjoyment LOL

Advertisement

EmnJJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:21 PM   #22
elijahsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My father in law was an amazing slide guitarest. His name is Rainer. We had his cd Nocturns playing. It was such a spiritual thing for us. He passed away in 97 so this was a way for him to be present. Check him out he really is amazing.....
Old 08-15-2007, 05:30 PM   #23
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The first time I meant to, took the cd's and never used them. Second time I filled a flash drive with MP3's and took it along to play on my little MP3 player. I used it through most of my labor, when I had to be in the bed with the monitors on. I put alot of songs on there, pretty much anything I liked which ranges from hard core punk and heavy metal to Elton John, but I only listened to two songs over and over again "He Mele No Lilo" the opening song from Lilo and Stitch, and Voodoo from Godsmack. Something about the rythm for those two songs let me just float away and forget the contractions, at least for a while.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:31 PM   #24
radmamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had a cd of Natural music playing. It was actually a promo cd from an office furniture company. It was so soothing and peaceful. It was easy to 'get lost' in the music as I had contractions.

If you want it, pm me. I could probably email you a clip so you can hear it for yourself.

I also have a guided meditation cd. I didn't try it in the hospital, but liked it for practicing at home.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:31 PM   #25
Daizy Nee
Registered Users

My Mood:

I had a bunch of my favorite cds with us, but we kept playing a band called Railroad Earth. they are Rockin' Bluegrassy. All the nurses kept coming in to listen to it, they were loving it! We even gave a couple copies away to a couple nurses
Old 08-15-2007, 05:34 PM   #26
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmnJJsMom View Post
With DD1 I had an ocean waves CD and some relaxing irish music. I let ocean waves play for my entire hospital stay, for the next year, everytime DD was fussy, I played ocean waves and she'd calm down.

With DD2 I was too sick and tired to worry about putting on music, I actually had Animal Cops and Croc Hunter on the tv, not that I watched it, labor kind of takes away from tv enjoyment LOL
This just made me laugh. With Kearnan my friend brought me disney videos to watch during labor. Beauty and the Beast was just ending during my pushing phase. I don't know who turned it to regular TV, but by the time Kearnan was born the Simpson's was on. I can still remember the episode even. With Tharen we had cartoon network on because Kearnan had been visiting and no one turned it off I guess. My midwife and I had been talking about my Inuyasha obsession during my pregnancy and it was on adult swim while she was in the room so she hid out and watched it with me. By then my contractions were bad enough that I didn't really get to enjoy it, but still it was on. By the time Tharen was actually finally out (2.5hours of pushing later) Futurama had come on. Dh laughs that our kids just have a thing for Matt Groening cartoon's.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:36 PM   #27
chasondreams
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i listened to a mix tape of my favorites. mainly raggae.
it made for a very relaxing, chill delivery.

i will absolutely have music again next time!!
Old 08-15-2007, 05:36 PM   #28
BabyBluePanda
Registered Users

My Mood:

I listened to Bob Marley... it couldn't have been more appropriate.
BabyBluePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:49 PM   #29
itsymama
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesshb View Post
(naking)
i didn't want any with my dd and i didn't have time with my ds (at hospital at 7:30am, born at 10:08 am) however, while he was crowning, johnny cash's song "ring of fire" was stuck in my head, lol
(sorry if that's tmi!)
That is so funny cause every time I read where someone is talking about the ring of fire thing that song always pops in my head lol , if that happens to me when I give birth I'll have to blame you

itsymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:09 PM   #30
Rannensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A Painter Passing Through was the name of the alblum. I love Gordon Lightfoot