Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-15-2007, 10:30 PM   #1
keelykellen&kiera
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
If you have done a vax exemption for public school/daycare

We used to be a fully vaxing family. (Before I knew we even had a choice.) Anyway DD1 is fully vaxed to this point. We have decided to stop vaxing altogether. I am filling out registration paperwork for DD1's kindergarten registration which we will attend tomorrow. When I picked up the forms the lady at the school office said something about making sure vaxes were up to date and I said "vaccinations are contrary to our beliefs". She barely batted an eye (yay). Here in Oregon (not sure if it's the same in other states) the vax record/exemption form is the same piece of paper! I had planned on filling it out with her vaxes recieved, but now I'm just a wee bit nervous. I know we could have changed religions yesterday and they can't question it, but it makes me a little nervous, KWIM? No philosophical exemption here .

What have you done in this or similar situation? Any insight from BTDT mamas is appreciated!!

Advertisement

Keely 8.3.02 Kellen 4.20.04 Kiera 7.11.06 Kade 4.24.11 born @32 weeks
keelykellen&kiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:57 PM   #2
mama2madj
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: If you have done a vax exemption for public school/daycare

i didn't bother saying my dd had any vax's
Old 08-15-2007, 11:05 PM   #3
mom24girls
Registered Users

My Mood:

I faced the same situation with my girls. Even though we homeschool, we were using a public cyber school for a couple of years, so had to have the vaxs up to date, or file an exemption. My dds had received some vaxs before we quit vaxing altogether, but I didn't find it necessary to disclose that info to the school district. So I just filled out the exemption card.

Just my
mom24girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:47 AM   #4
loulou belle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Older dd has had many of the vaxs, but will be getting no more. Ydd has had none, and will be getting none. I have a rel. exemption, and never disclosed the previous shots to the school or the health department. (Here we have to go to the health dept. for the exemption)

I told dh, who was against the exemption, that we did not know what vax's were in the works for the future, and that I did not want my dd to be a experiment. He changed his mind after that, and told me to get the exemption. I figure that in the future, IF we change our minds about the vaxs, we will get them, and never disclose.
loulou belle is offline   Reply With Quote