Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-16-2007, 07:28 AM   #1
s_atl
Registered Users

My Mood:
Charlie's soap for CD

I've been using Charlie's soap on DD's clothes for a long time. And a friend uses it on CDs too.
I just wanted to run it by you girls to see if it was ok to use on CDs. Or is there anyother natural detergent that works better than Charlie's.

TIA

Advertisement

s_atl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 08:19 AM   #2
statikradio
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Charlie's soap for CD

I've seen a few CDing websites that recommend Charlie's Soap for diapers - stating it's the best out there!

I actually bought some - but I'm not sure if I like using it. I've been using it on all the laundry. The smell of it is okay, not bad, not my favorite though either.
It seems to get the diapers clean and rinse out - but I've been rinsing a lot lately because I've been having issues with softness. And for regular laundry, forget it - it still smells like I haven't even washed them. I suppose I'm accustomed to the perfumey detergents covering up the smell? Eh, maybe I'm not using enough because they should be just clean.

I think I just don't have to energy to really use it properly and I miss my Arm & Hammer Essentials smell...mmmm.

Want to buy my soap? lol
statikradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:22 AM   #3
S+JsMom
Registered Users

I used it for CD when I was having issues with other detergents. At the recommendation of someone at Charlie's Soap I went with the powdered detergent and I use about 1/8-1/4 scoop in my HE washer. Every few washes I add OxyClean to the Charlie's Soap. You get a good clean, but Charlie's says it has nothing anti-bacterial in it, so they recommend using an Oxygen bleach every so often to keep bacteria at bay (I also wash in a Sanitary cycle).
S+JsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:27 AM   #4
semicrunchy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We use it in everything. No build-up, no stinkies, no rashes, nothing but good ol' clean laundry.
semicrunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:33 AM   #5
semicrunchy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by S+JsMom View Post
You get a good clean, but Charlie's says it has nothing anti-bacterial in it, so they recommend using an Oxygen bleach every so often to keep bacteria at bay (I also wash in a Sanitary cycle).
Forgot to add, this is true for any detergent. Laundry detergent by itself doesn't kill bacteria.
semicrunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:34 AM   #6
ClothDiaperMePlease
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I do not reccommend it to my costumers, I have 10 costumers that have children with chemical burns from it.

Do a search for it here, you can find lots of information on it.
The midwife considers the miracle of childbirth as normal, and leaves it alone unless there's trouble. The obstetrician normally sees childbirth as trouble. If he leaves it alone, it's a miracle.-Sheila Stubbs

Last edited by ClothDiaperMePlease; 08-19-2007 at 09:41 PM.
ClothDiaperMePlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 08:35 PM   #7
iamhere77
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i've heard allens soap is great for cd's
Old 08-16-2007, 08:42 PM   #8
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

i just ordered my first batch of cs in a coop and then found out about the chemical burns after I had already bought it So I am debating on giving it a try. Lots of mamas have great luck with cs.
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:48 PM   #9
mom2owen1
Registered Users

We have done well with it. I feel it doesn't get some of the stains out of our regular clothes at times. But it gets dipes clean.
mom2owen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:11 PM   #10
Infinity
Registered Users
Formerly: five-littlemonkeys
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by semicrunchy View Post
We use it in everything. No build-up, no stinkies, no rashes, nothing but good ol' clean laundry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by semicrunchy View Post
Forgot to add, this is true for any detergent. Laundry detergent by itself doesn't kill bacteria.

I got Charlie’s Soap with the intention of using it for our CD. I tried it on some towels and discovered I amazingly am not allergic to it like I am all other detergents!! In Sept I’ll of been using it on everything for a year!!! I haven’t itched in a year?! IMO it’s the best detergent ever made! My CD and all of our laundry come totally clean, soft and smelling of nothing but fabric. I no longer need or us fabric softener on anything. I no longer get allergy/asthma attacks or itch from my clothing. I recently tried Biokleen and Plant while at my moms and they just don’t measure up. They didn’t get stuff as clean. I needed more rinses and I itched a little too.

I did/do find that I have to wash things that have been washed in other detergents a few times with Charlie’s to get all the build up and crude out before they smell clean instead of still dirty. I think that’s because Charlie’s washes out the sent residue other detergent (even Free & Clear IMO) leave and you’re able to smell all the dirt and crime that’s built up and never been washed out.
I also found that 3mn after starting to use it my washer started smelling gross!! I realized the fabric softener and detergent fragrances had finally been totally washed out of it and their remaining grimy build up was stinky! I stripped my washer with bleach and vinegar washes and it was fixed.

Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote