Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-17-2007, 04:58 AM   #1
ChoiceSoaps
Registered Users

Buying maternity clothes off Ebay

Have you done it? There seem to be some great deals. Just wondering whether you've had a great experience or still regretting it.

Advertisement

ChoiceSoaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 05:47 AM   #2
Deb60604
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Buying maternity clothes off Ebay

I did and was very happy with what I got. And now that I'm done with them, I'm going to post them on there to sell them. I think you get the best deals if you buy in a lot--just make sure you get good pictures of everything you are buying.
Deb60604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 05:50 AM   #3
alexandme
Registered Users

I got a few things the last time I was pregnant, I needed something dressy for a wedding. I think it's the same as anything on ebay, as long as the person has good feedback it's usually pretty safe.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:56 AM   #4
tiredmommyof8
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have bought and sold maternity clothes on eBay. I had only one bad experience there with a nitwit saying an item was in excellent condition but when it arrived the entire tummy area on the jeans was worn out. She refused to answer my emails and then when I left her negative feedback she lied and said I never answered her and left me negative feedback. Nasty lying bit$@$%&&! OOPS sorry to vent. Just make sure they have excellent feedback before buying from them.

Kate~ Now an exhausted Mommy of 9!
ISO/IHA
tiredmommyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:11 AM   #5
Malka
Registered Users
seller
seller

I bought a maternity dress on ebay that I loved and wore for two pregnancies. I bought a second dress on ebay my last pregnancy, and it was okay. I am not sure if I would have bought it if I had tried it on before buying because it was very large and made me look very large. I had a hard time finding anything I liked in stores, so ebay was a good option. I did find that since I am picky, I spent a lot of time sifting through listings to find anything I liked. Both times I didn't have any issues with the sellers, but I have had issues with sellers on ebay for other items, and always check their feedback.
Malka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:20 AM   #6
bradleymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've bought all of my summer maternity 2nd hand, and a lot of it on here. I've gotten some REALLY awesome deals, but unfortunately there have been some things that haven't fit. Of course I can always try to sell those items, but it was nice going to the consignment stores and trying things on to make sure they fit before I spent my money. Good luck
bradleymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:24 AM   #7
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My MIL bought a huge box of maternity clothes off ebay for me when I was pregnant....it was great. Alot of them were still new with tags and I think she only paid 30 something dollars for it. Just a few of the pieces would have been worth that.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:31 AM   #8
Pea_inthepod
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did...and it would have been fine but it ended up not fitting me. Of course that wasnt THEIR fault, I just assumed what size I needed and I wasnt used to the brand and ended up being wayyyyyyyy too big. So now I dont buy it unless i can try it on :P things just fit me weird
Old 08-17-2007, 08:36 AM   #9
togg_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I bought almost my entire maternity wardrobe on e-bay. Just make sure you get READ the feedback (as in read the comments to make sure they are good people), get pics, and check the measurements. I have been very happy with everything I got. I also got to use it for two pregnancies since both of my girls were born in February.
togg_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:00 AM   #10
beachmamatoboys
Registered Users

My Mood:

I've sold a few maternity things on ebay. Everything I've sold has been in such great shape that I felt bad having it just sit around! One dress I sold I had only worn twice!

I've also seen a lot of things NWT at great prices. Like Adrienne said, just check the feedback!
beachmamatoboys is offline   Reply With Quote