Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-16-2007, 10:44 AM   #1
Charliesmom
Registered Users

My Mood:
Question How/Where to buy Mocrofiber towels?

A lovely mama here gave me a couple of MF towels and I think I like them better than inserts. I want more, but I don't know how to find the best quality since most of them seem to be geared toward car washing and other household chores. I know Sam's carries them in bulk but we aren't members. I found a couple of websites that sell them for $.60 ea. but have no way of knowing if they are going to be the right kind until I see them. Also, what is a good size?

Here is one of the vendors:http://www.microfibertech.com/Microf...FQkpYAodvy2jLA

Thanks!

Advertisement

Charliesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:54 AM   #2
monkeybunsdiapers
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: How/Where to buy Mocrofiber towels?

Walmart also carries them in the automotive section. They aren't as big or quite as thick/fluffy as the ones from Sam's...but they still work. I know the Sam's ones are 16x16, and I think the ones from Walmart are around 14 x 14.
monkeybunsdiapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:55 AM   #3
Missah78
Banned
seller

My Mood:

You can get a one day guest pass at sams and not have to pay for the membership!

If you want them I can go pick some up and mail them off to you!
Missah78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:57 AM   #4
MommyMommyMommy
Registered Users
seller

I'm so glad you like them! Those ones were bought at the dollar store nearest me! (Dollar Tree) I found them in the automotive section - it was a while ago and I bought a TON of them! I also know that Target sells them in the automotive section but I don't know about price.

MommyMommyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:00 AM   #5
oscarandbabys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ok so i have heard there are certain ones that dont work as well as others. How do you know which are which cause the ones i have do not work well at all and i have a light wetter so i just had to buy like 12 inserts!!!
oscarandbabys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:02 AM   #6
jenjen31
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I bought some at Target in the auto section on sale for I think $6.99 for 12. I have seen better quality ones at Costco but these work just fine. I use my mainly for doubling up at night.
Wife to Roband SAHM to Owen 1/23/09, Ryan 6/26/06, Nathan 11/08/00 and #4, a girl, Emmeline 3/05/12!
ebay feedback
jenjen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:37 AM   #7
diaperfest
Registered Users

My Mood:

I think the Sam's/Costcos sell the thicker ones and the Walmart/Targets sell the thinner one (probably compable to the economy ones on the link)
diaperfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:43 AM   #8
Irish Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Target sells at least two different sizes. There is a small and thin white one w/an orange border. Those worked PERFECTLY for us as stuffers when DS was a newborn in smalls. When he moved into mediums, we switched to the bigger/thicker orange ones. They've been great, too. They are a little too long for even our large dipes, but I fold them down a bit and get extra absorbency in the wet zone, so I don't mind. I got one pkg of each, both containing somewhere around 15 towels, and they cost $10-$12. (Sorry I can't be more specific...it was nearly a year ago! )

One word of warning if you get the orange ones: PREWASH. The dye WILL run. I used color catchers and washed and washed until there was not even a hint of orange. I think it took a good 6 or so washes.

Irish Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:07 PM   #9
Charliesmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missah78 View Post
You can get a one day guest pass at sams and not have to pay for the membership!

If you want them I can go pick some up and mail them off to you!
How kind of you to offer!! I may take you up on that if I can't work in a shopping trip soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyMommyMommy View Post
I'm so glad you like them! Those ones were bought at the dollar store nearest me! (Dollar Tree) I found them in the automotive section - it was a while ago and I bought a TON of them! I also know that Target sells them in the automotive section but I don't know about price.

Why didn't I just ask you where you got yours? They work really well. I have such mommy brain!! I can't believe you got them at Dollar Tree - there are, like, three within five miles of my house. I'll have to check that out.

Thanks for all the tips!
Charliesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:48 PM   #10
KumfyKozies
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Somewhere underneath my yarn and fabric hoard in the US of A
My Mood:

We use nothing but microfiber towels and terry for our stuffing. We found out the hard way when we first started CDing a couple months ago that DD is a heavy wetter.... very heavy. So we bought a pack of 14X14 MF towels at Target for $5.99 (on sale), and a pack from WalMart for $6.99 or something. I also bought a couple of 12-packs of plain, white, 100% cotton terry towels from Walmart because I wanted to make a couple of doublers myself. We ended up just using them with the MF towels and it works like a dream! Because I'm such a nerd and WAY too bored right now, here's a Pictorial for you on how we do it:

14x14 MF towel

12x12 100% cotton terry washcloth laid over

Terry folded in half evenly

MF Towel folded over evenly

Stuff Diaper

There you have it- snapped, trim, and SUPER absorbant!

DD in an identically stuffed OS Wonderoo
KumfyKozies™- Etsy Shop
KumfyKozies is offline   Reply With Quote