Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-16-2007, 07:17 PM   #11
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: Before you went into labor....?

my stomach felt crampy the day before i delivered my son, als a sign of labor coming is you will get diarhea, or very soft poop out of knowhere, sorry tmi but i know this happen to me and everyone i know and sure enough, all the babies were born VERY soon after.
watch for your mucus plug, my labor with my son came fast, i was fine, then the day before his birth, my belly felt "off" and crampy, kind of upset and weird feeling. that night i lost my mucus plug & at 1:30am, my water broke when i got up to go pee. i didn't wake dh up til 5am because i wasn't in any pain, my belly just felt weird, i didn't call my dr until 7am, she told me to go to the hospital and get checked to make sure it was my water that broke and sure enough. the contractions started really hard at 9am and my ds was born at 2pm on the dot. was quite an experience for a first birth, not to mention i was 37w2d along only.

Advertisement

Last edited by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox; 08-16-2007 at 07:18 PM.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 07:37 PM   #12
Namaste

Peace To All Who Enter
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

With DD#1, I was 39 weeks when I had her. The night I went into labor, I fell to sleep at 7 pm. I woke up at 2 am with regular contractions. So, that's what I remember. With dd#2, I had to be induced early due to low fluids. So, that's what I remember.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:52 PM   #13
Lisa-Rachelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmm, well, I can't say I noticed any big changes. Everything seemed about the norm until just a couple days before DD was born.

Two days before her birth, I had a night of really persistent Braxton Hicks. Not painful, just the norm, but in higher numbers (about every 4 minutes for probably a good 6 hours).

And the night BEFORE I had her, I did the biggest bowel movement of my life Sorry if thats TMI! I just remember coming out of the bathroom and telling my husband that I had done about a weeks worth of "business". Hahahah.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:29 PM   #14
bellamama
Registered Users
seller

These topics are getting hard to read. I am so in is this it mode all the time!
I have been cramping for at least a week and a half but then I was walking all day today and I didnt feel a thing. I know, I know its too early.

With my first I felt completely normal until BAM I was contracting every two minutes.

Good luck!!
Old 08-17-2007, 01:05 AM   #15
kalebnlillismomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Both of my kiddos were 35 weekers. With DS I felt off. I can't put my finger on it, but it was like I was going to jump out of my skin. I also noticed that I was going to the bathroom a lot more. With DD I had that same jumping out of skin sensation and I felt a TON of pressure.

May I ask if there was a specific reason you had your DS at 35 weeks? Mine were both spontaneous.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:52 AM   #16
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

All I really remember is being fairly irritable and not really able to focus on much more than my body (cramping, not feeling real great, bh that were beginning to hurt at the peak of the ctx). This started at 7p and I took a bath (which didn't change anything - my first clue) and then I laid down and had trouble going to sleep...but I finally managed it and then woke up at 4a with HORRIBLE contractions and lots of bleeding. We went to the hospital because the bleeding really freaked me out, but I'm pretty sure now that I just lost my plug and dilated (a few cm's) all at once (the bleeding was done by the time we got to the hospital). They were going to send me home because my contractions weren't closer than 4-6 min apart and then when they checked me and found me to be progressing quite rapidly, they decided to keep me. Anyway, he was born at 12:23p.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:14 AM   #17
Pea_inthepod
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalebnlillismomma View Post
Both of my kiddos were 35 weekers. With DS I felt off. I can't put my finger on it, but it was like I was going to jump out of my skin. I also noticed that I was going to the bathroom a lot more. With DD I had that same jumping out of skin sensation and I felt a TON of pressure.

May I ask if there was a specific reason you had your DS at 35 weeks? Mine were both spontaneous.
I developed severe preclamsia. I had no symptoms at all until that day...and my blood pressure was 185/155 and going up. I had been feeling 'off' and had a mild headache so decided to check it just for the heck of it. I went in to the hospital, they were going to try to induce me....after putting me on mag. sulfate to try and get my bp down, and it not working and me having a very bad reaction to it and hyperventilating DS's heart rate was dropping dangerously low, they did an emergency c-section. They didnt know he also had a rare heart deffect until hours after he was born, and it was probably the best that he came out via c-sec or else he might not have made it through labor. He was also very small, because of the pre-e, only 3lbs 10oz. I aparently had had the pre-e for a while, but my bp had been staying normal, i was swelling but not anything horrible at all, there had been no protein in my urine or anything, so this all just happened out of no where.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:00 PM   #18
alexandme
Registered Users

I am trying to figure out the same thing! I was induced due to high blood pressure the first time and I had absolutely NO signs of labor before that even though I was 39+ weeks. I never even had any BH contractions.
Now since yesterday afternoon and getting worse into today I am really uncomfortable. Lots of cramp like feelings, feels like ALL of the extra weight I am carrying is focused right on my cervix. I am having more painful BH and occassional shooting pains in my cervix.
I know it's all normal getting ready stuff but I don't want to feel like this for another 3 weeks!
Old 08-17-2007, 02:42 PM   #19
Pea_inthepod
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandme View Post
I am trying to figure out the same thing! I was induced due to high blood pressure the first time and I had absolutely NO signs of labor before that even though I was 39+ weeks. I never even had any BH contractions.
Now since yesterday afternoon and getting worse into today I am really uncomfortable. Lots of cramp like feelings, feels like ALL of the extra weight I am carrying is focused right on my cervix. I am having more painful BH and occassional shooting pains in my cervix.
I know it's all normal getting ready stuff but I don't want to feel like this for another 3 weeks!
yeah, i never had any BH contrax or ANYTHING with my son...so im just clueless this time around! lol!

Looks are we are due the same week!!!! Im due th 12th
Old 08-17-2007, 03:05 PM   #20
Nanner99
Registered Users
seller

With my first, I had more crampy than BH contractions one night, and sure enough, she was born the next, at 8 days past her EDD.
My 2nd, on the otherhand, was not nearly so clear-cut. I had lots of regular contractions that were mildly painful, often regular, and usually nightly for *weeks* before I was induced at 14 days past my EDD.
This one seems to be following suit.
And my labor with my 2nd was not especially quick. Started pitocin at about 6 am, turned it off at 9 and I went on my own, walking a whole lot and using the birthing ball. He was born at about 4:30 pm.
This time I am having a lot of mildly painful contractions again, sometimes regular, sometimes not, and am dialted to 2-3 cm, and still no baby!