Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-16-2007, 02:27 PM   #1
mandalynnne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ugggggggggg.....

Why are people so rude???? Yes, there is a story behind this.

I went to lunch with 2 friends (tracyb928 was one of them) and my friend Julia the other. We all have nurslings (Finn is 3 months, Madelyn is 4 months, and Emma is 7 months), plus we had my older child with us. We sit down at a popular restaraunt here in Charlotte. I immediately start nursing Finn as it had been more than 4 hours since he'd last nursed. A few minutes later, Tracy begins nursing Emma and the woman at the next table over screams "Oh nooooo, not in here --- I need my food to go". Gets up storms over to our table and screams at us that we need to take this (nursing our babes) somewhere else, then storms out of the restaurant. Tracy and I literally were in shock!!! I've NEVER in my life seen someone over-react sooo much. She leaves the others at her table to get their food to go and the server (our server) keeps apologizing. Our server doesn't even bring our food, and never refills our drinks. He just keeps apologizing to the other table. Reilly was getting restless, so I left to take him to the play area inside the mall and left Tracy and Julia at the table. They said he came back to refill my drink as I was leaving and to bring the check, that's it!!!!! I just can't believe that nursing our babes in public (and discreetly at that) is soooooo frowned upon

ETA: Tracy is responding right now, please read her post...she saw way more than I did...

Advertisement

WAHM behind TMD

ISO nothing! My girl is mostly pl'ed!

Last edited by mandalynnne; 08-16-2007 at 02:46 PM.
mandalynnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:28 PM   #2
crystalkicks
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ugggggggggg.....

Everyone has an opinion about everything.....most people learn to keep it to themselves!!! Sorry about your bad experiance!!!
Old 08-16-2007, 02:29 PM   #3
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

That is awful! OT question do you know a link or what the laws are here in NC regarding public BF? I have no idea is why I am asking.

Sorry your lunch was ruined
Old 08-16-2007, 02:31 PM   #4
Bunny
Be strong little marshmallow.
Formerly: s**e**h
seller

I can't believe your server was so rude to your table! I mean, there's really nothing to be done about a woman that narrow minded, but that your server would ignore a table of paying customers... I'm sorry you had to go through that.
Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:33 PM   #5
ClothDiaperMePlease
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah&Johanna's_Mommie View Post
That is awful! OT question do you know a link or what the laws are here in NC regarding public BF? I have no idea is why I am asking.

Sorry your lunch was ruined
Anywhere you can eat, the baby can That is the NC law.
The midwife considers the miracle of childbirth as normal, and leaves it alone unless there's trouble. The obstetrician normally sees childbirth as trouble. If he leaves it alone, it's a miracle.-Sheila Stubbs
ClothDiaperMePlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:46 PM   #6
tracyb928
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClothDiaperMePlease View Post
Anywhere you can eat, the baby can That is the NC law.
Thank you...I was pretty sure that was it, but I was just waiting for the manager to say something about it to us, and I was so nervous that I would be wrong....it was really awful though!!
www.twomommasdesigns.com www.hyenacart.com/queencitymamas/
tracyb928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:49 PM   #7
susnrob
Registered Users
seller

I think I would get your facts straight (look up the law) and then go back there to complain/demand an appology.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:49 PM   #8
tracyb928
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Here's my post on another board:
I was eating lunch today with some friends (fellow CMers) at Firebirds at Northlake Mall....we had 3 babies and a toddler with us, and we sat in a booth and were just hanging out waiting for our food. Amanda started bfing her littlest one very discretely, and everything was going fine. My little one started getting fussy, so I pulled up my shirt, unclipped my bra, and started feeding her. Now I can't say how discreet or not discreet I was, but I'm pretty sure not much skin was shown, but there was a booth full of women (a bigger booth--5 or 6 women in their late 20s/early 30s) across the way from us. They had been looking at us with our little ones (all brought in in some kind of sling or carrier). As soon as I started bfing Emma (I was facing them--I don't think they had seen Amanda feeding Finn), one woman VERY loudly (many people turned their heads) said "OH MY GOD, you have GOT to be kidding me. GET my food to go....we are LEAVING. Then she got up, grabbed all her stuff, STORMED to our table, said "Ya'll need to go somewhere else" and left. I was IN SHOCK...seriously my mouth just hung open. I didn't even have time to respond to her. I had spent the last almost 8 months imagining what I would say to someone who commented negatively about me bfing in public, and I had all these great responses, but when it actually happened (which I was half-way thinking it never would), I just sat in stunned silence. Then the manager came over and apologized TO THEM, packed up their food for them, and they all left. It was awful. After that, our server didn't say a word to us. Technically he handled himself appropriately, but he didn't bring us more drinks until they were EMPTY and didn't bring our checks until we asked for them...and still never said A WORD. So I'm going to write the company and let them know that their managers and server didn't handle the situation appropriately, but its mostly because I don't really have another outlet for my anger about the situation. If I could I would go nurse in front of that woman's home or at her work or SOMEthing, but I'm stuck writing a letter that will probably just get laughed off anyway. OK done venting, I knew you all would understand!!
www.twomommasdesigns.com www.hyenacart.com/queencitymamas/
tracyb928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:49 PM   #9
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thats awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-16-2007, 03:45 PM   #10
Cadensmommy
Registered Users
seller

that is jsut awful!!! I would deff. be writing a nasty letter!

Clarissa