Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-16-2007, 09:55 PM   #21
mlhtej
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Ugggggggggg.....

That is just awful. I can't believe you guys were treated that way. I'm so sorry. I would definately go back to that place and talk with a manager. I would also write a letter. That just burns me up.

Advertisement

My Blog: http://lovingmyfrugallife.blogspot.com/
mlhtej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 12:48 AM   #22
mommyshannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm so sorry that happened to you! I always try to think about what I would say in a similar situation, but I'd probably freeze too! I live close by. I would be happy to write a letter to that manager! PM me the address! I'll pass this story on to the mothers in my local mommies group (Hickory), and maybe they'll write letters too!!

**If you decide to have a "nurse in" let me know!!! Wish we could find that rude woman!!
Old 08-17-2007, 01:33 AM   #23
zosiasmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sounds like it's time for that restaurant to get a lesson in discrimination and the laws of breastfeeding! You go girl and I can't wait to hear and update! Danni

Want to know about making money with ChaCha? Ask me!
I made $350 last month!Hits4Pay Want some Moola?
zosiasmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:13 AM   #24
MatildasMum
Registered
seller

My Mood:

She's an idiot.
MatildasMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 12:53 PM   #25
mandalynnne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is what I posted on my local mommies board...

The customer relations department from Firebirds just called me. She bascially just continued to say that the manager was apologizing for the ladies' food taking so long and not apologizing for the fact that we were nursing. She said that "you have every right to breast feed your child in our establishment" and apologized for the women's behavior. I proceeded to tell her that she needed to put the incident at hand aside and realize that in general the standards of their service staff sucked. My DH is a manager for Longhorn and makes every point to go to every table in his restaraunt every day to make sure that the customers are happy. Their manager did not do that, nor did his server for that matter. I also told her that the incident aside that this is time #3 in a row that I have gotten less than satisfactory service in that restaurant and that I would not be giving them another try. She also said that the staff and manager "were trying to give us our privacy".

Complete sidenote: She mentioned the overwhelming amount of emails she had received from the Charlotte mommies.

WAHM behind TMD

ISO nothing! My girl is mostly pl'ed!
mandalynnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 01:11 PM   #26
Adrians Mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

OMG!! I personally did not bf but I am appalled for you! When are people going to realize that this is a natural thing to do?
Adrians Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:01 PM   #27
Drearina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can't believe that!
I've been waiting for 8 months now for someone to say something to me. I'm raring for a fight. So far the only person who's been offended is my FIL and I can't tell him off.
As a server I would've come over to your table apologized for the insane lady and asked if you would like an appetizer on the house.
How crazy.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:08 PM   #28
Jewelgurl137
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Whenever we go out lately my DH tries to get me to not NIP, cuz he is so worried about having something like this happen to me. He worries about me. LOL! I keep telling him that by law I can nurse whereever I am, and that is what I will do. It's not like I'm not discreet. My DH doesn't even realize that I'm nursing half the time when I am.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:42 PM   #29
jax
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

to you mamas.
I hate to hear stories like this!

jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:18 PM   #30
lilyfish
Registered Users
seller

Oh my god, that is infuriating. I love how the women at the other table were treated as if they had been victimized. ZOMG, NOURISHMENT FOR CHILDREN. God.

What the hell is wrong with our society? When I see a woman mixing formula in a bottle for her newborn child, I feel disgust and horror and pity for the poor baby -- the same feeling most Americans experience when they see a woman nursing.

I wish we could just get past the concept that breasts, yes, have more than one significance in this society, but that they serve to do more than just please a man (or woman in some cases!) and their other function is SO MUCH MORE IMPORTANT.

I am sorry, f*** discretion! I am FEEDING MY CHILD. If you do not want to see it, it is as easy as TURNING YOUR HEAD IN THE OTHER FREAKING DIRECTION.

AUGH. My blood is boiling for you girls. I'm so sorry that happened to you. I feel the same way the one of your stated feeling--I have all these great comebacks in my head for anyone who ever gives me trouble for BFing, but if I was actually confronted about it, I would probably be too amazed by their ignorance to even say anything in a timely fashion!
lilyfish is offline   Reply With Quote