Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-13-2007, 06:16 PM   #1
MamaToBe84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
chewable prenatal vitamins?

im having a horrible time swallowing pills lately... so does anyone have any experience with the NutriNate chewable prescription prenatals? do they taste absolutely horrible?

Advertisement

Old 08-13-2007, 06:20 PM   #2
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: chewable prenatal vitamins?

i had gotten a sample box of chewables when i was pg with dd, i dont remember the brand but they tasted so good and didn't make me feel sick like reg prenatals do to me.if your insurance will pay for those then get a script and try them out
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:20 PM   #3
ScrappyCat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No experience with that one, but (please don't laugh at or flame me!!)
I actually took Flintstone's chewables through my entire preganancy... I doubled up occassionally and sometimes took extra folate.

The only good vitamin is one that gets inside you, and these are the only ones that I would faithfully take because I like them.
Cathy
ScrappyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:22 PM   #4
hackermd
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappyCat View Post
No experience with that one, but (please don't laugh at or flame me!!)
I actually took Flintstone's chewables through my entire preganancy... I doubled up occassionally and sometimes took extra folate.

The only good vitamin is one that gets inside you, and these are the only ones that I would faithfully take because I like them.
Cathy
I would go this route

My insurance didn't cover the chewable, so I got them anyway and it was like $25 for the one bottle... and I still felt sick! So halfway through I did flintstone and was a happier mama.
hackermd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:46 PM   #5
MamaToBe84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

well, my insurance covers them... but hopefully, they wont taste gross, or i WILL be going back to flintstones, lol. Im already 9 weeks, and i took the prescription prenatals through the very very important part of the 1st trimester (when the neural tube is still closing), so i think i should be okay, but hopefully i can get these down, lol.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:49 PM   #6
LaQuetta
Registered Users

My Mood:

I can't swallow pills anymore. I don't know what happened. i had to have surgery for an ectopic pregnancy and they put that tube in my throat. Since then when I try to swallow a pill it seems like my throat closes and starts hurting like it did when they took the tube out. I know its my mind playing tricks on me. Anyhoo now my doctor tells me to just take 2 childrens vitamins. It contains the same as one prenatal. I buy the CVS brand since they are the cheapest I can find.

LaQuetta
Mom to two angels in heaven
LaQuetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:53 PM   #7
MamaLove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Rainbow Lite makes a powder that I would add to smoothies and drinks. It tastes yummy, vanilla flavored. They also make a Prenatal One, so you only have to manage swallowing one per day.
http://clubnatural.stores.yahoo.net/prenatal4.html
Old 08-13-2007, 07:16 PM   #8
hackermd
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGierald View Post
well, my insurance covers them... but hopefully, they wont taste gross, or i WILL be going back to flintstones, lol. Im already 9 weeks, and i took the prescription prenatals through the very very important part of the 1st trimester (when the neural tube is still closing), so i think i should be okay, but hopefully i can get these down, lol.
ok just chewed one again to see and yep still feel the same way. I did switch to another chewable, Precare and had luck with them, but just had problems with vitamins in general at a point so I stopped. They were yum, but definitely not as yumtastic as Flintstones. Those are these::

hackermd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 07:23 PM   #9
MamaToBe84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ty for that hun

im still avoiding taking them cuz im SOOOOO sick to my stomach right now (and after my jimmy johns gets here hopefully i wont be so bad, lol)

man, that martini on tv looks really darn good, lol! (stupid pregnancy brain making me digress)
Old 08-13-2007, 08:32 PM   #10
Cadensmommy
Registered Users
seller

Ok instead of the flinstones i am taking the disney princess ones only becouse they have added DHA figured it couldnt hurt right! but yea childrens vitamins are the way to go!

Clarissa