Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-18-2007, 09:41 AM   #1
2N_MyArms_1N_TheOven
Registered Users

My Mood:
nipple stimulation?

Did it work for you?
If so, how long before you went into labor?

how did you do it? (with your fingers, breast pump, older nursing child?)

what was your "formula"? (What to expect says 15 mins on each side for an hour 3 times a day, i read online 5 mins on one side every hour...)

Did it put you into "false labor"? i know nipple stimulation can really get ctx going strong but are they likely to stop when the stimulation stops?

i know its going to completely depend on whether or not my body is ready. as of now i dont know WHAT is going on down there, my first cervix check will be this Monday, at 38 weeks, i hope we are making progress. i hate to admit but i am not one who enjoys being pg! I am only 38 weeks so its not time to evict her yet, i am just curious. If i make it to my due date i know i will be ready to try SOMETHING, this coming Monday will be the longest i have ever been pg before

Advertisement

Old 08-18-2007, 09:52 AM   #2
thefreckledmama
Registered Users
Formerly: Onomatopoeia

My Mood:
Re: nipple stimulation?

I used nipple stimulation to try to get things going with both of my girls. My oldest I had gone in with contractions and they started to die off, so I did it to continue the contractions. I stopped once my OB came in and broke my water, and the contractions didn't keep up once I quit doing it.

With my youngest I would only have contractions when I would be doing it, and they would die off shortly after stopping...never enough to really do anything, and I ended up getting induced in the hospital with pitocin.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:55 AM   #3
ferrferr
Banned
seller

My Mood:

I used my pump and only once I got some contractions that lasted for a bit and then never again.
ferrferr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:21 AM   #4
spacecat1974
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm in the same boat though my due date is tomorrow. I've had lots of 'early labor' contrax that caused serious sleep deprivation but NO progress other than some effacement.

Is your baby 'sunny side up'? If so, now is an excellent time to get the baby to turn as that position can slow things down.

And I'll be reading this thread with interest as nipple stimulation is the one thing, other than castor oil, I haven't tried.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:45 PM   #5
2N_MyArms_1N_TheOven
Registered Users

My Mood:

Castor Oil sounds pretty effective from some women i know who have tried it but that is one thing i don't think i could ever be desperate enough to try! i am weak stomached and i don't think i could handle it. i hope that your LO arrives here safely and soon! i still feel like i am going to be pg forever
Old 08-18-2007, 01:02 PM   #6
ScrappyCat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have heard that nipple stimulation has to be done for hours. (yikes!)

And a caution with castor oil... it gets all kinds of "contractions" going including bowels. And that means bowels of the baby too... you could have meconium staining in the amniotic fluid which is bad for baby.

Neither from personal experience, just what I have heard.
Cathy
ScrappyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 02:10 PM   #7
alexandme
Registered Users

I've heard terrible stories about castor oil. I wouldn't go that route!
Old 08-18-2007, 03:19 PM   #8
spacecat1974
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've tried castor oil and I wouldn't do it again (I tried it with DS and he did indeed pass some meconium). Not that it worked anyhow.