Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-16-2007, 11:48 PM   #1
Belle's Mamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Are you ever satisfied?

So I found the perfect diaper & I'm revamping my WHOLE stash...again...this time it's for good...wait, no...I need to get this dipe(insert dipe here) & revamp my whole stash with this kind

Anyone else feel like they are perpetually ISO the perfect dipe? I search, find & am satisfied...but only briefly. I really want to have a streamlined stash of all one type of dipe and am thus always looking for the perfect dipe/system.

I go on a massive hunt get all of my dipes home & on the bum and I'm blissfully happy for a week or two. Then, I realize that I want X out of a dipe that the current one doesn't have or that the current dipe has this or that thing about it that I don't like. It NEVER ends...I'm love the great diaper hunt but I'm so sick of feeling like I got it "wrong." I'm also really sick of explaining to DH why we are getting rid of all of the dipes that I just bought (& that I just told him were the best dipes ever for XYZ reasons) and now we are getting this type/brand of diapers (which are of course the best dipes ever for XYZ reasons).

Anyone else feel like this? Anyone who USED to feel like this & got over it (please tell me how)?

Advertisement

Last edited by Belle's Mamma; 08-16-2007 at 11:55 PM.
Belle's Mamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:54 PM   #2
Momx3MD
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Re: Are you ever satisfied?

I find that most newbies to cloth have this (i know i did) it wears off after time and most do find at least one brand/system they really like..
We have always had pockets ..and i did switch from fitteds to prefolds ..but we have always used wool... My biggest revamp was selling off almost all the FB and am now looking for a pocket that fits his thighs..which i found

Just take a breathe mama and keep going you will hit stash nirvana
Momx3MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:58 PM   #3
cotton_jmb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know what you mean mama. Here I am trying to potty train my child, but he keeps having accidents, mind you sometimes he makes it. So I've been more into trying to get things for a potty training toddler. I like the pocket diaper system and then I love the prefolds and covers system and then I love the fitteds and wool system. I'm still confused and sometimes I think I'll be satisfied if I had 1 dozen in the fitted/wool system and then 1 dozen in the prefold/cover system and then 1 dozen in the pocket system I'd be happy and satisfied. I think???? Cheer up mama I know your not alone in this.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:59 PM   #4
Belle's Mamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know I've only been CDing for 6mo but oh man have I been through alot of dipes...there is no reason on God's green earth that someone who has been CDing for 6mo should have over 161 transactions (and thats just going by my feedback count...I know that I've had a few transactions where someone forgot to leave me FB) here on DS & more at the Pin.
Belle's Mamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 12:01 AM   #5
Axanthia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I found that I needed different dipes for each of my children and as my circumstances changed, so did what I wanted out of a dipe. Even then I was a fairly stable AIO PUL gal till I discovered knitted wool and FBz Now I can't choose between them!
Old 08-17-2007, 12:05 AM   #6
foodie.yarnie.mommie.
Registered Users
Formerly: dimibella
seller

My Mood:

I don't think I will really ever be satisfied, but then again I don't think I would ever want my stash to be all just one type or brand. I definitely went through a phase were I wanted to try one of everything ( except AIO's for some reason ) and to some extent I am still a little like that. I am happy with my stash, but there are still a few things that I have on my NEED to try list.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:15 AM   #7
jadefaerie
Registered Users

Oh, god, I was thinking this today! Granted, I now have a baby boy and a toddler girl and I can't use the same types of dipes on them, for some reason...but I keep thinking this same thing. No, THESE are the best! No, wait, I need to try those!! Wait, why don't I go with that?? I not only want to stop spending $$, but I want my free time back! I'm spending waaaay too much time searching, researching, and drooling...
Mom to DD (6/21/05-c/s) and DS#1 (5/2/07-HBAC #1) and DS#2 BORN! 7-21-10 (his due date!!) HBAC #2!
jadefaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 12:38 AM   #8
lotsuvlittles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Talking Re: Are you ever satisfied?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle's Mamma View Post
Are you ever satisfied?
Nope.

First I got OSBG 2.0....Perfect for fostering, fits all sizes of babies that come through our house...right?...wrong. This LO gets rashy from SC.

Bought some prefolds and fitteds....figured out LO is a super soaker.

Fell in love with Bamboo BBH...uh oh they're adding poly...bought a whole bunch real quick.

Happy, right??? nope
Would really like some AIOs for outings.....and wool....gonna have to get some
lotsuvlittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:44 AM   #9
indiegirl
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle's Mamma View Post
I go on a massive hunt get all of my dipes home & on the bum and I'm blissfully happy for a week or two. Then, I realize that I want X out of a dipe that the current one doesn't have or that the current dipe has this or that thing about it that I don't like. It NEVER ends...I'm love the great diaper hunt but I'm so sick of feeling like I got it "wrong." I'm also really sick of explaining to DH why we are getting rid of all of the dipes that I just bought (& that I just told him were the best dipes ever for XYZ reasons) and now we are getting this type/brand of diapers (which are of course the best dipes ever for XYZ reasons).

I'm with you. I had similar 'conversation' about this with DH last night about why I kept changing my stash --although he's happier with my current system (I've just revamped my whole stash) which he think it's easier system for him (all side snapped fitted with wool). But, I don't know how long it will last as the previous system was only last for 1 month
indiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:01 AM   #10
Shawnah
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I am also in the process of revamping my daytime stash... selling off all my SB fitteds and switched to muttaqin os and a few dream-ez. The fit is just THAT much better. My husband thinks I've totally lost it I'm sure. I've used SB for so long it's kind of sad a little. But... you have to move on when you find what works.