Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-17-2007, 06:03 AM   #11
My2punkins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Are you ever satisfied?

Yup I am exactly the same as you- never satisfied. And I've been trying to simplify since my ds was born. It hasn't been easy though we really are in better shape now than we were. One thing I accepted a long time ago that even if a dipe is perfect for a while it never stays that way for us. Babies grow and change and what works for them at one time just might not be the answer a few wks later. It also varies greatly from one baby to the other since they are soooooo different. Its a never ending process and as much as I love our cds I long for the days when there wont be any more diapers!!!

Advertisement

Old 08-17-2007, 06:31 AM   #12
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am not so much satisfied (though I really like my stash) as I am tired of going to the post office with a little one in tow...thats my motivation to stop buying diapers...no more trips to the PO to send off the ones I have sold.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:14 AM   #13
GodStillTalks
Registered Users
seller

I COMPLETELY understand. I was having that conversation with my husband just last night.

All I want is ONE THING that works. I have a stash of BGs for my toddlers that I am very, very happy with, and so is DH.

But, now I reallly strive to go with all natural, preferably organic fibers. And my baby rashes from suedecloth. At this point, I would be happy to just buy 24 diapers new from somewhere just to have a stash that I am happy with that works (oh- and that DH can figure out- that knocks out 95% of diapers lleyes2.

I am seriously considering just going to all pfs, and letting dh use the UTN fitteds that I have. I have a fabulous, big stash of 22 peewells, but I bought them all used, so half of them are showing wear (stretched elastic, holes starting), and my babe isn't even a year old yet. They will die a slow painful death long before she potty trains.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:24 AM   #14
MNmomma
Registered Users
seller

I totally understand you! I have tried way too many types of diapers. Some I have sold and then bought back when DD got bigger (fit better now). I found that I like a variety of systems because I can use what matches my mood. It seems to work best that way, although I have more diapers than I actually need I do try to rotate everything so it all gets worn equally. Stay away from FSOT and your pp account will love you! I decided to only buy new so that has really helped my spending, well except when something I like or want to try goes on clearance somewhere!

MNmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:25 AM   #15
Maddie&Jake'sMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Maddie'sMom
seller

My Mood:

Well, since we're still relatively new to this, we're still trying a ton of stuff. Selling what doesn't work and then buying more. Its amazing what a trial and error it is!
Maddie&Jake'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:30 AM   #16
danut
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am there too. I am constantly buying and selling and have a huge bin (or two) of stuff to sell that didn't work for us. The good news is, I know what works for Kaitlyn, now but now I am off to try things that are fun or that i haven't tried before (I am waiting on my first ZZ AIO ) And the wool............I can't seem to get away from that. Hope you reach nirvana soon!
Old 08-17-2007, 07:34 AM   #17
De-lovely
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I am not a newboe to CD at all but I still suffer from this "condition" ...I have just decided that I like different dipes for different things, different kids, and just to have lots of different kinds and makes.
Niki: single, divorced, missin' CD's, no vax, no circ, wish I coulda homeschooled, sneaker obsessed, poet, avid reading, meditating, sometimes knitting, music junkie, film enthusiast WOHmama to Emma 11/28/03, Elena 11/28/04, Quinn 4/22/06 and Cora 10/26/07...
De-lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:05 AM   #18
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:

Maybe you should rethink getting all one diaper system? I get bored easy, and different situations call for different things out of a diaper. Maybe you should stick with a few of this kind, a few of that kind, etc. My main system is Elbees and wool, but sometimes it's nice to just throw a Jango on, KWIM?

Also, my son's shape changes a lot, too. I used to love my LHC AI2's. Heck, I have over a dozen of them. Now I don't use them at all and they just sit there. They are too wide in the crotch for him now, and he tugs and them and complains when he wears them. But I like the prints so much that I keep them in the drawer, lol.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:08 AM   #19
jausten
Registered Users
seller

I definitely feel like there's gotta be something better out there. But really, what we have works great! I'm waiting on a few more things, and then I really have to stay away from the FSOT boards, because they always get me going on "the next best thing."
expecting #2 sept 2010
jausten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:19 AM   #20
CadenJames062503
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have been cd'ing for 5 yrs! The first year was great! I didn't know a thing about wahm made diapers! Just knew about prefolds and pul covers! LOL So I had a very uniformed stash! Then I discovered the wahm world!!! I went through so many different stashes. Not only cause I wanted to try everything but also cause I would find diapers I loved and then they would sell their business or decide to close to spend more time with their family! Currently I am back to prefolds! I have some fitteds and aio's as I didn't sell what I already have. Plus I do get aio's from Rosie of RCD Boutique (www.hyenacart.com/rcdboutique) cause that is what Daddy likes! Seriously her aio's are really truly the best! But yeah I think prefolds and wool are just the best as far as absorbency, fit, and easy to use! It took me 5 years to figure this out though!

Heavenly Huggers Preparing for Winter 40% Off Sale!
CadenJames062503 is offline   Reply With Quote