Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-16-2007, 10:58 AM   #1
Pea_inthepod
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Before you went into labor....?

Like, the days or weeks before you went into labor, did you notice any changes? Any more cramping then normal? Did you have loose bowel movements or weird discharge? Did you start to notice a lot more pressure or anything like that?

I never went into labor with DS, as I had an emergency c-section at 35 weeks with him, so I dont know if there are things I should be looking for as I get close, as signs that my body is getting ready or not.

The last 2 days I have been having non-stop BAD menstral-like cramps. and a LOT more pressure. Does that mean Im getting close, or is that just something that can happen anytime? I feel dumb asking all of this, but Im just so unsure of everything.

Advertisement

Old 08-16-2007, 11:05 AM   #2
writeinthelight
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Before you went into labor....?

I'd say you may be getting close to going into labor or even in early labor...that's just me...my b-h contractions turned more crampy feeling when I was beginning labor both times.

GL, mamma! I hope you get your VBAC!!!
Old 08-16-2007, 11:12 AM   #3
Pea_inthepod
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by writeinthelight View Post
I'd say you may be getting close to going into labor or even in early labor...that's just me...my b-h contractions turned more crampy feeling when I was beginning labor both times.

GL, mamma! I hope you get your VBAC!!!
yeah, thats whats happening. im used to having BH contrax, but now its not as much BH and a lot more cramping....and it goes around my back too.

Last edited by Pea_inthepod; 08-16-2007 at 11:52 AM.
Pea_inthepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:34 AM   #4
writeinthelight
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If I were you I'd start timing those cramps. Keep us updated!
Old 08-16-2007, 11:52 AM   #5
Pea_inthepod
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

wow....i cant type today....im surprised you could read what i wrote in that last post!! LOL!

...editing for typing errors...LOL
Old 08-16-2007, 11:53 AM   #6
Pea_inthepod
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by writeinthelight View Post
If I were you I'd start timing those cramps. Keep us updated!

I was timing them last night, and they were like 4-5 min apart, lasting about 3o seconds, but they stopped. So at this point they are kinda coming and going, and not always something that I can time (like, I will just be cramping for a couple hours, or sometimes just a little while)
Old 08-16-2007, 01:58 PM   #7
laniesmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I too had a c/s with my first, so I was totally in the dark the 2nd time around. This sounds like prodromal labor to me. I had this with both of my natural births. It's frustrating b/c it constantly puts you in "is this it" mode. However, the good thing is that SOMETHING is happening. Both of my vaginal births were under 2 hours start to finish once the real thing hit. I attribute it to the weeks of cramping and discomfort that preceeded the labor.

For me, it was apparent that it was the real thing when I couldn't do anything but focus on my body during a contraction.

Old 08-16-2007, 02:12 PM   #8
joyful mother
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmommy View Post
I too had a c/s with my first, so I was totally in the dark the 2nd time around. This sounds like prodromal labor to me. I had this with both of my natural births. It's frustrating b/c it constantly puts you in "is this it" mode. However, the good thing is that SOMETHING is happening. Both of my vaginal births were under 2 hours start to finish once the real thing hit. I attribute it to the weeks of cramping and discomfort that preceeded the labor.

For me, it was apparent that it was the real thing when I couldn't do anything but focus on my body during a contraction.

no c-section but the rest of this is me pre labor goes on and on. I know it is it when it becomes my focus, knew this for 45 min with one and a couple of hours with 2 others. Good luck mommma
Old 08-16-2007, 02:15 PM   #9
slockwood
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I never noticed anything. I didn't even know I was for sure in labor until the midwife came to check me and I had Ariana 20min later. I think it's different for everyone.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:55 PM   #10
mississippimommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pea_inthepod View Post
Like, the days or weeks before you went into labor, did you notice any changes? Any more cramping then normal? Did you have loose bowel movements or weird discharge? Did you start to notice a lot more pressure or anything like that?

I never went into labor with DS, as I had an emergency c-section at 35 weeks with him, so I dont know if there are things I should be looking for as I get close, as signs that my body is getting ready or not.

The last 2 days I have been having non-stop BAD menstral-like cramps. and a LOT more pressure. Does that mean Im getting close, or is that just something that can happen anytime? I feel dumb asking all of this, but Im just so unsure of everything.
In the days before my water broke w/ my son I had horrible diarreah. My doctor told me it's mother nature's way of giving you a natural enema.
mississippimommy is offline   Reply With Quote