Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-17-2007, 09:21 AM   #1
Registered Users
Question Diaper Ointment and DIY Pocket Dipes

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I must be using the wrong search terms! Anyway, I made a couple pocket dipes for my 2 year old DS using PUL outer and Alova inners. I've always just had prefolds, so I don't really know what I'm doing. I used diaper ointment on him and now it looks like I ruined all my hard work. Is there any way to get that stuff off? It doesn't just look like a stain; it looks like that part of the cloth is still coated with the stuff. How do you deal with the diaper ointment issue? My DS is a diaper ointment adict and wants it even when he's not red, but even the liner I put in the dipe last night didnt' keep it from getting on the diaper a little bit. I'm about ready to give up on the suedecloth and just make regular covers.
Thanks so much for your help!
Noah-5 months

mom2three2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:26 AM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Diaper Ointment and DIY Pocket Dipes

Desetin original is nearly impossible to get off fleece. Suedecloth should be easier, try soaking it in dawn and hot water, then scrubbing with a soft brush like a baby brush so that you don't ruin them. If that doesn't do it, you could also try simple green (its a degreaser)
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:31 AM   #3
Registered Users
Re: Diaper Ointment and DIY Pocket Dipes

I'd wet it and squirt dawn directly on it and scrub with a toothbrush . If that didn't work I'm really not sure. I'd switch to a cloth friendly ointment too.
wife to DH, SAHM to
DS 5/98, DD 2/00, DS 5/04, & DS 1/06 and DS 7/08
Jillybean is offline   Reply With Quote