Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-20-2007, 08:59 AM   #51
Bronte
Registered

My Mood:
Re: Another offensive ad from Google

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manna00 View Post
Ouch. I hope someone reads this. They're loosing "viewers" of the ads... not to mention traffic to this site.

Unfortunatly, money talks. I'm sure they're getting paid to have these offensive ads. This is supposed to be a family friendly site.
But why these kinds of ads? Is it because it pays them more? Who's the admin of this board? Is it a man or a woman? I had the impression it was a woman because I pm'd her not too long ago and she seemed decent and nice. Maybe her husband or some other admin is letting these ads show on a diapering/parenting board? Do you know these ads can attract nasty cloth diapering perverts who get off on looking at our babies in fluff?

This is ridiculous. I'm very disappointed I was even referred here. First the ffs lady I needed to get a hold of was banned and now I have to see Britney Spears' crotch? What kind of a site is this? I'm scared to even buy anything because I don't know if these are real mothers or a bunch of perverted whackjobs.

Advertisement

Bronte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:10 AM   #52
tatertots
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte View Post
But why these kinds of ads? Is it because it pays them more? Who's the admin of this board? Is it a man or a woman? I had the impression it was a woman because I pm'd her not too long ago and she seemed decent and nice. Maybe her husband or some other admin is letting these ads show on a diapering/parenting board? Do you know these ads can attract nasty cloth diapering perverts who get off on looking at our babies in fluff?

This is ridiculous. I'm very disappointed I was even referred here. First the ffs lady I needed to get a hold of was banned and now I have to see Britney Spears' crotch? What kind of a site is this? I'm scared to even buy anything because I don't know if these are real mothers or a bunch of perverted whackjobs.
Yes I am sure these ads pay more, I think it is up to $4 per ad or something like that every time they appear. Now don't get me wrong here that is just what I am thinking and what I have heard but I am not 100% positive!

Yes the owner of this board is a man. His name is Lee. There are also a few other men running this board now with him. Lee bought it quite a few months ago, and that is when this whole board has started going down hill, there are some nice parts about it, but as far as the ads go, they will not go away completely. I can pretty much promise that. It has happened on a few other boards where they will keep putting these ads up and have everyone complain about them for a while, and then they will say fine if you want the ads to disappear then you will need to pay $ each month and they will be gone for you.
It is just another way to get them more money!
Pamela SAHM to Eli 5 and Chloe 2 and a very proud AF WIFE! Expecting #3 in October
tatertots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:12 AM   #53
Lee
Registered Users

My Mood:

These inappropriate ads are a problem and will be removed. Not sure why they are getting through our account settings block. I will keep you all posted.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:53 AM   #54
TheresaQ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Okay, I feel clueless here, but I run a VB board myself, and we have no ads. The site owners had to purchase the software, but that's what site owners do who want to host a community for others I thought. We just split the costs, I think it was like $85 for the year, or $149 lifetime. I am glad we don't have any ads, and I don't know why if you buy the VB software you'd have ads. Is there a free version I don't know about? What makes the ads show up here?

Some of our conversation can to be TMI if you know what I mean. But we still don't see anything like the screen shots, or anything at all for that matter.

ETA: So the ads are something that you choose to put up to generate money? I was trying to read up on why some VB boards have ads, and some don't.

Last edited by TheresaQ; 08-20-2007 at 10:00 AM.
TheresaQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:20 AM   #55
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Google ads actually work by you clicking on them... that's how the host site gets money. I can put google ads on my blog, but if no one clicks them, I don't get any money. So, they're not being paid $4 for some nasty ad to pop up, they only get paid if someone here clicks on it.

https://www.google.com/adsense/login...id=6Bz8M4-zAsM
Quote:
How do I get paid?
You get paid whenever someone on your site clicks on one of the AdSense ads. Advertisers can also bid to appear on your site on a CPM (cost per thousand impressions) basis. Both CPC and CPM bids compete in our AdWords program to ensure that you optimize your ad revenue.

Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT)
We have an EFT payment system available in a number of countries, which will help get your AdSense earnings delivered directly to your bank account every month without any additional effort.

How much do I get paid?
How much you earn depends on a number of factors including how much an advertiser bids on your site -- you'll receive a portion of what the advertiser pays .The best way to find out how much you'll earn is to sign up and start showing ads on your web pages.
But, they can also stop having the image ads, just words would be one thing, but to see some girl bent over or with boobs popping out of their shirt... just doesn't make sense. They could at least do away with the image ads.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:28 AM   #56
ocean_o_curls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i get ads but not any like the ones you all are posting like right now theres an ad for free cursors at cursor mania
Old 08-20-2007, 12:40 PM   #57
Juan M
Boo Yah
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Zango will no longer be showing ads for "raunchy anythings" anymore. All of the offensive ads have been removed and we have greatly reduced the possibilities that anymore will show up. Thank you for your keen eyes and your screenshots as they helped to identify the ads that needed to go.

We do not want those kinds of advertisements on this site either.

Juan M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 03:01 PM   #58
Irish Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just saw one not 5 minutes ago... Unfortunately, I forgot to screenshot.

Irish Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 03:01 PM   #59
Bronte
Registered

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan M View Post
Zango will no longer be showing ads for "raunchy anythings" anymore. All of the offensive ads have been removed and we have greatly reduced the possibilities that anymore will show up. Thank you for your keen eyes and your screenshots as they helped to identify the ads that needed to go.

We do not want those kinds of advertisements on this site either.

Well that's very nice of you! I've been seeing them on and off since I joined about a month ago. It will be a big relief to not have to see anyone's crotch anymore LOL

One more question. Why is this site being run by men? I mean some men cloth diaper their babies I suppose but I don't get why they own the board. Have they been here for a long time? They bought the site for what? This seems like a well established board that didn't need any help. And didn't the ads start when they bought the site? (This is what I heard) Do you all ladies feel comfortable having a site run by men that you don't even know? I mean we don't all really know each other but you know what I mean, it's just kind of strange.

So Lee and Juan are the owners? Who was the owner before? What happened to him/her? Sorry for all the questions but I want to be sure I'm in the right board and nothing weird is going to happen in the future. Just protecting myself and my daughter.
Bronte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 03:07 PM   #60
Irish Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It took me about 5 refreshes before this ad appeared:

Maybe the change just hasn't taken effect yet? When should we expect to see a change?

Irish Mama is offline   Reply With Quote