Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-20-2007, 09:30 AM   #21
zenmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: When did you stop working?

at 37 weeks i quit...i couldnt do it anymore!

Advertisement

Denise, wife to Mike since 6-15-2002, PTWOHM and College Student Mommy to Samuel Wyatt (8-24-04) (who has a blue belt in Shaolin Kung-Fu) and cding, co-sleeping Andrea Rachelle (10-11-06) (Our Celiac Disease, Seizure having beauty queen).
Maybe you're offended b/c you know it's the truth!
zenmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:33 AM   #22
FinnegansMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I went on leave on Friday and he was due on Sunday but I didn't have him until the next Thursday. Had I known I would have worked a few more days, even if just from home. We really needed the money...
of course, I never went back to work... LOL... I quit a few weeks before my (unpaid) leave was up. Honestly, I was so exhuasted from working full time and moving that summer the birth for me was really tough... (plus, I'm OLD... 35! LOL)
Old 08-20-2007, 09:36 AM   #23
Isabellasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

With dd I worked until her due date and she was 5 late, with ds I stopped 2 weeks before since they elimintated my position. It was nice to spend some time at home w/ dd before the new baby came!
Isabellasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:42 AM   #24
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

I planned on working until I went into labor. However, with ds1, the doc put me off work and on modified bed rest because of my irritable uterus and the unstoppable bh contractions that were so frequent/hard they actually started to change things, just a tad. I was 33 or 34 weeks at that point. He was born at 38w6d and I went back to work when he was 6 weeks old. With ds2, I was fired (put on bed rest for a week for irritable uterus - stupid bh ctx again...and i'd already missed some from ds1 being sick)...around 28 weeks or so and I've been a SAHM ever since.

Last edited by jls~Kain~Drake; 08-20-2007 at 09:43 AM.
jls~Kain~Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:14 AM   #25
Bella Catalina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm a SAHM now, but I worked up until the day before he was born. I had him at 36 weeks 3 days, and planned the day he was born to be my last day. I was working in an office, and had no one else to look after at home. We did just move the week before, though, and I did some stupid things (I blame it on nesting) like steam cleaning the carpets on my own.

Can you switch to part time? Or have someone help you with the kids? Even a mother's helper or someone to watch them and play with them so you can rest when you get home?
Old 08-20-2007, 10:18 AM   #26
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was 38 weeks and had my last ob appt that afternoon, I back to work to finish the day and got off like 2 hours early so I could go home and get my stuff ready. I went in that night at 10-11 p.m. Though I shouldn't have gone for induction (soooo wishing I hadn't done that but it was my choice at the time...no one pushed me to do it I was just miserable)
Old 08-20-2007, 10:55 AM   #27
Mommy2JJ
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

With ds I worked up until the day before I had him was induced.

This one I work very part time, but I plan to work up until I have him and then be a SAHM hopefully for the at least the first year.

Mommy2JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:01 AM   #28
slomom
Registered Users

My Mood:

I stopped working in Feb of '06 when I was about 7 months along. I was working Brutal Seasonal work at a department store near my house and at the end of the season, they laid me off.

I went into preterm labour and pProm at 35 weeks. I've tried going back to work outside the house for a little over a year now and it just hasn't worked.

but being a WAHM is fine with me. Daycare's too expensive anyway!
Old 08-20-2007, 11:03 AM   #29
kelli.boehme
Registered Users

My Mood:

I quit a week before DD was born. I was only working 10 or so hours a week, and taking 12 hours of classes at the same time. The week I quit was the last week of classes, too.
Maybe you can move to PT?
kelli.boehme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:40 AM   #30
bradleymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With DD #1, I was working while I was in early first stage labor (between contractions because I didn't want to deal with it later!). With this one, I plan to work as long as possible before the birth to save my time off for afterwards, but I know what you mean with energy levels being low and having another child to take care of. I only work part-time now, but take care of DD full-time and its a lot! Perhaps as the other mother suggested you could go part-time, or is there anyone that can help you with the other kids? Sometimes a long weekend and some extra help with the kids can go a long ways towards helping you to get some rest. Good luck!

Last edited by bradleymama; 08-20-2007 at 11:42 AM.
bradleymama is offline   Reply With Quote