Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-19-2007, 10:40 PM   #1
sharleen (DCDiapers)
Registered Users
My Mood:
we were considering tandom but....

I guess Josias does not agree. Last week he finally gave up on nursing, and just giggles if I even offer now. He turns his head and laughs at me like I am a crazy mama or something. I think we did pretty good considering he is 14 months old now and I am almost 4.5 months pregnant.

I am really sad, however its kinda nice because it was a bit irritating since I became pregnant. (sore and not feeling so wonderful)

He was the longest to nurse yet, so I should be happy right?

WAHM to 3 boys ages, 5, 4, 3, baby girl 18 months, baby in heaven April14th 09, and baby due January 18th.
sharleen (DCDiapers) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 11:12 PM   #2
Registered Users
Formerly: dimibella
My Mood:
Re: we were considering tandom but....

mama, that is great! I completely understand the sadness too though, it's really nice for you both that he decided on his own.
Kelly, knitting mama to 3 little loves and wifey to the hubs
foodie.yarnie.mommie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:27 AM   #3
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome

great job nursing so long mama! I don't know how far along you are but he may change his mind if the baby is due within the next few months and he sees the baby at "his" boobies! Just be prepared for whatever response you think is necessary at that point. A lot of tandem mamas weaned their babies only to discover once the newborn was here that they became a tandem nursing mama! The milk sorta dries up when you are pregnant to change to colostrum and usually that sparks weaning and once it comes back in again, suddenly your toddler is interested.
3rockstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:35 AM   #4
Registered Users

Maybe you should also be a bit thankful that your lo chose to give it up and you didn't have to force it. I tandem nursed for over a year, and it was very, very difficult. It was like I was almost repulsed every time my older child wanted to nurse after the baby was born. I finally had to tell her that when she turned 3, I would no longer nurse her. I really, really wanted her to grow out of it and stop nursing naturally on her own, but it was no longer good for our relationship or healthy for me. So, be thankful he decided on his own to quit.
SophT is offline   Reply With Quote