Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-20-2007, 12:18 PM   #1
Registered Users
weaning and hypoglycemia

This may seem like a silly question, but I had to wean my DS a few months ago very quickly to take medication to deal with a nasty inner ear infection. A couple of weeks after, the ear infection seemed to be gone, but I started having heart racing, etc. At first he said it might be anxiety, but it does seem to be connected with what/when and how much I eat, so that seems to be ruled out. After lots of blood tests and doctors visits, my family doc says I probably have hypoglycemia, or overactive insulin production.

I've always had a sort of sweet tooth, but also eat pretty healthy- lots of whole grains and veggies- so it's weird that all of a sudden sugar and carbs of any kind are such a problem for me. I wonder if anyone else has had this kind of thing happen to them and whether maybe weaning so quickly had something to do with it.

I'm going to see a dietitian tomorrow, so hopefully that will help. I'm feeling a little lost as to how to deal with not feeling myself or healthy most of the time. Has anyone else gone through this?

Thanks in advance,

Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.
John Wesley
AKM is offline   Reply With Quote