Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-21-2007, 06:32 AM   #1
Pea_inthepod
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Exclamation So much for a VBAC....

So I went to my OB apointment like normal today. My blood pressure was up more, and there was more protein in my urine, AND ive had a headache all day, so my OB sent me over to L&D to be monitored. He basically said that he thinks I might need a c-section TODAY.

I got over there and after 5 hours he decided that my bp was going down enough to wait. He did strip my membranes, in hopes that this week I will go into labor.

We scheduled a c-section for Friday at 2pm, tho. Basically he said Im getting pre-e again, and doent want to wait too long and end up with an emergency c-section. So, unless I go into labor on my own this week I will end up with a c-section on friday. I am just PRAYING that I will go into labor somehow this week! I do NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT want a c-section, but if its for the best then its ok. Ugh, recovery is just SOOOO terrible! And....if I have this c-sec, it means I can never have a vaginal birth unless I do a home birth (which just isnt an option for us...im too freaked out with all the probs I have...plus we live pretty far from a hospital)

So just PRAY that I go into labor! I am 1cm at this point, and having contractions (enough they were registering on the monitor) and am cramping REALLY badly from him stripping me...so maybe....just maybe I can still have my VBAC. *sigh* I dont have much hope, tho.

Please send me labor dust and lots of prayers and thoughts this week!!!

Advertisement

Old 08-21-2007, 06:48 AM   #2
writeinthelight
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: So much for a VBAC....

Sending Labor vibes your way--if you are contracting and crampy after stripping that's a good sign. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
Old 08-21-2007, 07:41 AM   #3
sprout18
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

momma. I'm praying for you to go into labor on your own. I have had 3 csections and will probably have one with this one too - so I know your pain. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya. Keep us updated.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:27 AM   #4
Free Thinker
Registered Users
seller
seller

Sending Labor vibes your way!
Old 08-21-2007, 08:30 AM   #5
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I do hope you go into labor but in the meantime eat a ton of easily digested protein. Pre-e is caused by not enough protein (so you spill it) and not enough water.

drink some protein shakes NOW!!!

and if you do go into labor, know that the BP tends to go up even more cause you are working so hard.
so if you can try to fix the protein issue first so you can have a "normal" labor not a managed one.

Former Midwife...
Old 08-21-2007, 08:56 AM   #6
Rosella
Registered Users
seller

Have hope, mama! Anything is possible! Sending LV for a VBAC for you soon.

We should remember that if a situation cannot be changed, there's no point in worrying about it. If it can be changed, there is no need to worry about it either, we should simply go about changing it. His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama
Rosella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:34 AM   #7
JnSAlger
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Moore, OK/Chesapeake, VA/Lynbrook, NY/Huntsville, AL/Augusta, GA
My Mood:

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I will keep my fingers crossed for labor...where in OK are you again...I will help you go!
Old 08-21-2007, 11:39 AM   #8
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

hope you go into labor before 2pm friday
i didn't know dr's gave c/s that late in the day, ours make the appts for 6AM, i wish they'd allow me to sleep in a little..lol
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:39 AM   #9
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Oh stay away from salt for now, drink plenty of icewater and elevate your feet
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 02:02 PM   #10
Mickiswing
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Definitely crossing my fingers and praying you go into labor very, very soon! Good luck!