Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-07-2006, 08:28 PM   #1
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
suggestions for overnight stuffing - pocket diaper, heavy wetter

tonight is my first night attempting to CD over night yay!! I really don't want to use disposables unless I have to. Ethan is four months and I think he's a heavy wetter. We dreamfeed at 10:30 and change him then and after that he sleeps until about 6AM. He has bumGenius and FBs diapers. Tonight I"m trying two regular hemp inserts wrapped in a microfiber towel - no thinner doubler, just two regular hemp inserts. I was trying to find a way to fit in the cottonbabies insert that came w/ the BG diaper, but I just can't make it fit comfortably w/ the medium setting of the diaper.

What do you think? I figure, go from here and see what happens. I'll try this tonight and if it works, I'll try it 3 more times and then if it keeps working, that's a success. I may try to "stuff down" if that works - maybe just a trimmer doubler w/ the hemp insert and microfiber towel, to give him less bulk.

Advertisement

Old 05-07-2006, 08:31 PM   #2
toryandrew
Registered Users
seller

Re: suggestions for overnight stuffing - pocket diaper, heavy wetter

That sounds like plenty my son (10 months) will last up to 12 hours on one hemp wrapped in microfiber
toryandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 08:33 PM   #3
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm an overpacker by nature Actually, the longest he's been in a cloth diaper is four hours and it was a hemp insert wrapped in a mf towel in a pocket diaper. It just seemed sooo soaked.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:36 PM   #4
drenotdoctor
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd be interested to see what works best for you. Tonight is our first night CDing our 2 year old. He has a Fitted with aplix, with a wonderfull insert, a hemp insert, and a fleece topper. oh...and a fleece cover over his fitted. DH and I were laughing to the point of tears when he waddled into bed. There's gotta be a better way! LOL If that whole contraption doesn't hold, we are in trouble!
Old 05-07-2006, 08:36 PM   #5
toryandrew
Registered Users
seller

I am also a over stuffer but I've cut back as I get more and more confident about CD. I figure soaked is not bad, leaking is bad. Also, I use fleece liners so that the wet is not close to the skin. We've only had 1 rash in over six months, so not bad!
toryandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 09:29 PM   #6
mamagina
Registered Users
seller

I often use 4 layer hemp fleece liners 2 with a microfiber towel inbetween for my 14 month old. Or a premium prefold.

My 3 yr old is more of the challenge. He'd actually done well with the Snap-ez AIO lately, but I more often use a toddler prefold with a microfiber towel or a Joey Bunz added.

Oh, and WOOL longies over everything always help no matter what I put on them, lol!
Old 05-07-2006, 10:39 PM   #7
ocean_o_curls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i use the night time inserts that leobaby04 makes my dd sleeps 12+ hours and no leaks
Old 05-08-2006, 07:52 AM   #8
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, I used two regular hemp inserts (the ones from the fuzzi bunz store) and I wrapped them in a mf towel. It was bulky but didn't leak. Actually, the backs of both inserts were dry- even the top one. I guess I overstuffed. I think I can probably get away w/ the thinner, shorter hemp doubler. I"ll let you know! but yay I thought I was going to CD during the day and use sposies at night, but I really don't want to. I thought I would be unable to CD at night but so many do it. I feel "greener"
Old 05-08-2006, 08:10 AM   #9
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We really like a fleece pocket with hemp inserts

What I love the most is our SNAP-EZ fleece pocket with a hemp babies bigger weed insert. Trim but very dependable. Our son is 12 months old and a heavy wetter.

Good luck!

SJ