Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-09-2006, 02:30 PM   #1
amymom2molly
Registered Users

any ttc tips?

dh and i have been ttc#2 for almost 2 years now. my cycles are 28-35
ive been doing bbt charts,cutting WAY back on soda to maybe 1 or 2 cans a week.eating healthy,taking womens one a day vitimans,bbd on the days my bbt chart says im ovulating.laying in bed with hips up on a pillow for about 30 mins after...am i missing something? dh had his seman tested and all is well...ive had a uterin biopsy done..normal...i was diagnosed with lutial phase defect a while back and was on clomid so i could ovulate at the right time.got tired of being on drugs so i went on birth control (nuvaring) in november for one month..cycles have been good sence.is there anything i can do to speed things up? bbd'ing is starting to feel more like a job then fun like it use to be.but i cant take a break..this is something i want more then anything.

Advertisement

amymom2molly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 02:59 PM   #2
Lyric
Registered Users
seller

Re: any ttc tips?

Don't laugh I tried for 10 years went to all kind or fertility testing also dh went through testing. Then someone told me to drink grapefruit juice it helps get the enviroment right or something to that nature I was told I drank it for about two weeks everyday and what do you know I was preggo the next month I said this can't be so. That was too easy so I went to the doctor like three weeks later and got an ultrasound and their was the heart beat strong as ever and now my dd is 13 mos man how time flys. I can't tell you it will work for you for sure but it seems like it worked to me it never hurts to try good luck I hope you get a BFP soon.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:32 PM   #3
amymom2molly
Registered Users

wow i never heard of that one..thanks for the info.ill deffinatly give it a try couldnt hurt
Old 07-09-2006, 04:50 PM   #4
Namaste

Peace To All Who Enter
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

This is what I did. After we lost our little one, I had cycles where I didn't ovulate. I did this for one cycle and I was pregnant:

Now... before you even consider taking these herbs, first check to make sure they do not interfere with any meds you are currently taking. Just because it is natural doesn't mean it can't hurt you if not used properly.
You can buy all of this at the Vitamin Shoppe or a similar store. My total was $50.00 for a three month supply.

From Aunt Flo to Ovulation

One capsule twice daily of Evening Primrose Oil (500 mg)
One capsule twice daily of Red Raspberry Leaves (400 mg)
40 drops in water twice daily of False Unciorn Root (comes in a vial 1000 mg)
Decaf Green Tea twice daily
Royal Jelly twice daily (This comes in a spread, tastes like honey) I put it in my tea.

From Ovulation to AF or BFP

STOP taking the Evening Primrose Oil, this is an estrogen promotor!
Stop taking the False Unicorn Root
Continue with the decaf green tea and royal jelly
One capsule twice daily of Flaxseed Oil (1000 mg)
Old 07-09-2006, 04:54 PM   #5
TaivensMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, My sister had a friend who had 8 misscarriages and my sister had a handful as well...her friend started on progesterone cream the naturual hormone your body makes..you rub in on a thin skinned area (both of them do the under part of your upper arm) and you do that while you are trying to get preggo and for the entire first trimenster....now amazingly enough the gal who had 8 misscarriages became preggo with twins and is now in her 5th month and my sister is only a week shy of her friends due date also in her fifth month. I guess some womens bodies lack in that hormone which make it hard for them to get pregnant and hard to stay pregnant...I do understand it is pricey, but it worked for both of them the first month they tried! they are both still in disbelief after all the failed pregnancies but after passing the first trimester with ease they are overjoyed! My sister finds out what she is having this weekend and my son is going along for the sonogram!...My husband and I are now TTC and if after a couple months I am not having any luck I too will try the cream!...HTH and good luck!!!
Old 07-09-2006, 07:15 PM   #6
jennyofthemoon
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by amymom2molly
bbd'ing is starting to feel more like a job then fun like it use to be.
I know the feeling. I want to when dh isn't home, but then when he gets home, I just think, well, what's the point? It's been so long ttc this time, for me at least, that it just starts to feel like a chore after awhile, doesn't it?? I feel you, mama!
Old 07-09-2006, 07:29 PM   #7
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

i hear ya!! it took us 3yrs to get pg and frankly i was sooo fed up of BD. i coldnt stand it.
i took clomid too and it dried me up horribly!!! you get cm then ??
take lots of protein in the first half of your cycle (helps with follies).
i took some herbs too but frankly i cant remember the name of them!!
i took vitex and some other stuff , i m drawing blank LOL
also i heard baby aspirin helps you with your lining. so i took it during my cycle. (i think the 2nd half )
of course like pp said you gotta first see if its ok for you to take this stuff.
go to fertilethoughts .com. i use to post there (like crazy too LOL) when i was ttc. it gave me great tips. they have a forum just for alternate meds. chek it out. idont go there anymore though. but i have the same username LOL so you can see my story on the sticky of the IUI bb. its probably still there.
SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:03 PM   #8
amymom2molly
Registered Users

man i am so glad i have you ladies.thnx for all the replies...i have tried just about everything everyone listed here tho...maybe i need to start it all again tho now that my cycles are more normal.i have some black cohosh,eaving primrose oil,progesteron cream,womens one a day vitimans,vitex...you name it,ive went out and bought it lol.so ill give it all another go and see what happens thanks ladies *baby dust* to whoever needs it
Old 07-11-2006, 08:10 AM   #9
Sarah0903
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have no advise but wanted to wish you luck
Old 07-12-2006, 11:15 PM   #10
FunnyMonkey
Registered Users

My Mood:

Have you tried accupuncture? I didn't use it for ttc, but for arm pain & it worked. On my last visit I mentioned to the accupuncturist that we would be ttc sometime that year. When she was all done, she told me that she had also done some extra points to help us conceive. We didn't start trying for another 6 months BUT whatever she did totally affected me. My libido went thru the roof for the next week & other things seemed to be optimized as well If we had run into ttc issues, I would definately have gone back to see her again.