View Poll Results: Do you like pfs for a newborn?
Yes 76 66.67%
No 38 33.33%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-09-2006, 11:20 PM   #11
raceNzanesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pfs for nbs?

I LOVED pf on Zane. I used preemies for about 3 weeks maybe??, he was 5.13 when he came home. Then I used infants, folded down in back, with a Snappi till maybe 2 1/2 months or so. The Snappi started ending up on exposed skin, so I tried pins. LOVE pins! I used infants to about 9 months pinned. He could still wear them at over a year, but the rise started getting too short to hold the poop. I started with the angel fold and bikini twist, but now that I know the jellyroll fold it's about all I do.

Covers... there's so many to choose from. What are you looking for? Economical, cute, PUL, fleece, wool.... You know we'll help you shop.

Advertisement

CPS Tech to all- Need car seat/booster help? EMAIL me.
raceNzanesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:25 PM   #12
Sarah
No Longer Here

My Mood:

We started cding Taci at around 6 wks. The bikini twist for us worked great and held in bf poos wonderfully. In fact we just had our first blowout,in a POCKET!!
Taci is almost 4 months old and I'm guessing about 15lbs. She can still wear a pf with the bikini twist
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:40 PM   #13
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

If you really end up not liking them for your baby, you can always stuff them in your HHs if you feel like it. There's always different stuff you can do with them. I would recommend getting a bunch of different covers depending on what you WANT to try. Then trying them out on your baby to see what works best. My favorites for my son are the cheapest, so everyone is happy!
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 06:24 AM   #14
hfitz5051
Let the rabbits wear glasses!
seller

My Mood:

I actually love the way Hazel looks in a pinned pf lol. I'll probably love them on a nb, but I bet dh won't. So I want to have a nice variety, he always helps me out right away. I actually have never changed a diaper with meconium in it. He has done them, but they have been sposies lol.

Kim, that is how I started using my pfs, in the HH lol.

Angie, I'll have to learn that jellyroll! I know the other 2. As for covers, I have no idea. I love wool, but I'm not sure about that $$ on a nb. He/she will be born in Feb though so I may splurge on 1 pair of longies. I want to go as economical as possible for now because we are moving into a new house and the mortgage is unbelievably high.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:38 AM   #15
Heidiliz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've used prefolds on all 4 of my kids and have loved them. My 2 youngest boys are still in prefolds the majority of the time. When they were newborns, the were so cheap and easy to use, especially with the amount of changes we went through. I used proraps and they were great. I would definitely recommend having at least 6 covers in case bf poops leak out of the dipe and onto the cover.

www.d65ppc.com - Pay Per Click Management
Heidiliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:11 AM   #16
Emma
Registered Users
seller

I use mostly infant pfs on Ivy. She wiggles a lot when she's getting changed, but after only a couple of times, I got it down. Snappis definitely make it easier! I use either NB bummis or bumkins. If I use a prorap as a cover, I have to use a small since the NB is too small to go over the pf.
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:11 AM   #17
sprout18
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We still use infant prefolds for my 11 month old and my 2 yr old! We just double them up when they get older. We should probably switch to premium with my older one as he has to be changed very often but we are cheap! We had 3 in diapers so I bought 3 dozen prefolds and we wash every day (we only have 2 in diapers now). We mainly wash every day because we only have one set of night diapers and I need them every night - with two in diapers we have plenty of prefolds now.
Ericka
Old 07-10-2006, 07:31 AM   #18
lovencloth
Registered Users
seller

Location: MN, I have cats, but they don't smoke, and neither do we.

I asked this question on a couple diff. boards I go to, and what I came up with was that if your nb tend to have ultra runny bf poo, pf's are really not a good option (unless you have one cover for every pf, because they will get poo on them). That was what made me choose fitted contours over pf's, I don't want to have that many covers around, and I dealt with enough leaky bf poo last time around. No thank you.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:39 AM   #19
Sweetforestcat
Registered Users
seller

I am planning on using prefolds for my newborn. I heard they were best at keeping all the breastfed poo in, especially when folded different ways!

as for covers we will be using BSWW all the way with some occasional prowraps but that is all!

Last edited by Sweetforestcat; 07-10-2006 at 07:44 AM.
Sweetforestcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:08 AM   #20
alanajo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey Heather *Waves* I loved flats on Dalton as a newborn because the prefolds I had were too big and made his legs spread apart too much. But I think that if you went with preemie ones you would be fine. Anything else is just too expensive when they poop every 5 minutes. I found the flats to work the best until he was about 4 months old. But I didnt really have any itty bitty fitteds. Those could work good too.