Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-09-2006, 07:55 PM   #1
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:
Shipping through PP - scale Q

Sorry if this is in the wrong place - don't know whether to put it here or in expert area.
I want to ship through paypal from now on if I can. DH is going to Wal-Mart here shortly. I'm hoping someone can tell me what kind of scale he's supposed to get? Can you explain it to me? I also want to find someone who can explain HOW to ship through there once I get the scale, but that's of lesser importance right now.
PLEASE if anyone knows can you tell me quickly? LOL, I don't want to wait for midnight to send him. Thanks!!

Advertisement

Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 07:59 PM   #2
mamagina
Registered Users
seller

Re: Shipping through PP - scale Q

They have a digital scale for about $15- 20. Well worth the $$ if you plan on shipping alot. I think there are some in the kitchen and shipping sections. Get the digital ones, skip the cheapo one - the flimsy plastic thing with a bowl supposed to measure kitchen stuff..

ETA - LOVE the ultrasound pict in your siggie - I just noticed you're having twins - the scale will be worth it's weigh and $$ when you dont' have to go to the po

Last edited by mamagina; 07-09-2006 at 08:00 PM.
mamagina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 08:02 PM   #3
rlharp5375
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Agree with pp. And pm me when you need help figuring out the pp shipping. I can help you. You'll need label to print the postage on to. Don't forget those.
Old 07-09-2006, 08:10 PM   #4
Kimmomy2dom
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

Woo, thanks guys. I'll have DH take a look and call me if he has any questions! I don't think I'll ship OFTEN, but there are quite a few things I'm trying to sell right now and will be selling whenever the girls come and grow out of them, KWIM? Maybe it would be worth it. Thanks again! I'll probably be PMing you, Rachel, LOL.
Gina - whenever DH sees the u/s pic when I'm on here he says it looks like boobs. I told him they look like grapes, LOL
Old 07-09-2006, 08:51 PM   #5
mamagina
Registered Users
seller

LOL! leave it to a DH to think babies look like boobs My DH used to call them sharks - he'd see body parts moving through the stomach like sharks in the water, lol. Are they both vertex or breech? those are both heads, right?

And - I didn't use labels at first, btw - I just taped the edges, no problems. I got labels when I was doing alot more shipping.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:15 PM   #6
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

Yup, I know, jumping in late here...LOL

I got my scale from the post office and I got a digital one. It is SO worth it! I love being able to print postage at home and just hit the drive thru at the PO...

not to mention you save like 40 cents per transaction (because DC is cheaper!) so it will pay for itself eventually!
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 10:48 PM   #7
Kimmomy2dom
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, a couple packages I'll be sending out soon will need DC so I'm hoping it'll work well to begin with. DH actually just got a food scale. but I think I'll take my time finding a scale I want and maybe sell this one whenever the time comes.
When that u/s pic was done they were both vertex. Right now (as far as I can tell) A is vertex and B is breech, LOL. This is the first time they've ever faced different ways so I'll be surprised if it stays that way!
Thanks again, guys! I don't have any of my packages ready to weigh yet, LOL so I don't know if I hae any other Qs. I was going to ask when I weigh them, get the label on it, etc. how do I send it? Can I drop it off somewhere at the P.O.? Don't I have to schedule a day for my mail lady to pick them up? Is this what those "metered mail only" boxes are for? Or do I have no idea what I'm talking about? LOL!!!
Old 07-10-2006, 11:28 AM   #8
mamagina
Registered Users
seller

Once I have labels on them I stick them in my mail box with the flag up, If they're too big, I put them in a bag, hang it from the mailbox - flag up... When I've had alot to go, I've put a folding lawn chair under the mail box and taped a note the the mailbox, lol. My mailpersons dont' particually care for it, but they have no choice. I dont' bother with the call to schedule a pick up.

My dh found a pretty good scale on ebay recently. I was saying that we might need a new one soon since I tripped on the cord, the whole thing went flying and now it needs a bit of wiggling to get it to work, lol. Still accurate when I can get it to turn on I think there were some decent digital ones under $30 with shipping included.. I might be remembering wrong. I told him I wasn't going to buy another until this one finished dying, lol.

You can't (aren't supposed to) put a package over 1 lb into the blue drive-though mailbox things, so if I miss the post person, I have to go into the po and wait to hand it to them.. totally not the point of printing at home, yk?