Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-23-2007, 07:19 AM   #21
Dena
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Done with being Pregnant!!!

I am right there with you. By this time in all my PG I was SO ready to be done but this time I have this horrible hip pain especially at night and its like I am an 80 year old woman they feel so stiff to get up and walk. If it wasnt for that I wouldnt mind being PG longer thats the only discomfort I am having which is odd.

Advertisement

Old 08-23-2007, 07:46 AM   #22
2N_MyArms_1N_TheOven
Registered Users

My Mood:

i was going to post the exact same thing! i am getting so grumpy and emotional... i am 38 weeks and 4 days, i have never been pg longer than 38 weeks and DH laughs when i complain about being "overdue". I am kicking myself though for getting my hopes up early on, i just expected that i would be induced around 37 weeks bc of of high BP, since i was in my last pg but this time around i have not had any problems. its GREAT that my BP has been so good but i made the mistake of assuming history would repeat itself (since it happened twice in a row) and figuring i would be holding a baby by now!

the worst part is, i have had painful ctx for weeks now, i have several an hour but they never go anywhere. i just found out at my apt monday that they aren't even really doing anything, i was only 1 cm. i know it doesn't mean anything in the long run BUT it would have been great to hear i was at least 2cm. Dr said we could schedule an induction at my apt on Monday (for various reasons) but as of now i am not even "favorable" for induction. i feel like i will be pg FOREVER...

sorry this turned into my own vent
Old 08-23-2007, 10:25 AM   #23
pfamilygal6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2N_MyArms_1N_TheOven View Post
i was going to post the exact same thing! i am getting so grumpy and emotional... i am 38 weeks and 4 days, i have never been pg longer than 38 weeks and DH laughs when i complain about being "overdue". I am kicking myself though for getting my hopes up early on, i just expected that i would be induced around 37 weeks bc of of high BP, since i was in my last pg but this time around i have not had any problems. its GREAT that my BP has been so good but i made the mistake of assuming history would repeat itself (since it happened twice in a row) and figuring i would be holding a baby by now!

the worst part is, i have had painful ctx for weeks now, i have several an hour but they never go anywhere. i just found out at my apt monday that they aren't even really doing anything, i was only 1 cm. i know it doesn't mean anything in the long run BUT it would have been great to hear i was at least 2cm. Dr said we could schedule an induction at my apt on Monday (for various reasons) but as of now i am not even "favorable" for induction. i feel like i will be pg FOREVER...

sorry this turned into my own vent
That is so me! I've never been pg longer than 36 and half weeks and here I am at 1 cm and thick at 38 wks 2 days. Does this mean my body doesn't want to labor? Am I supposed to have a repeat c/s?
pfamilygal6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 04:30 PM   #24
2N_MyArms_1N_TheOven
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfamilygal6 View Post
That is so me! I've never been pg longer than 36 and half weeks and here I am at 1 cm and thick at 38 wks 2 days. Does this mean my body doesn't want to labor? Am I supposed to have a repeat c/s?
i hope not, for both our sakes. i DID read somewhere that 2nd or more time mama's tend to dialate faster and they are the ones who tend to go from 1cm to 10cm just like that. i have a friend who delivered just a few weeks ago at 39 weeks. she had an apt that morning and was less than a cm dilated that evening she went into labor and her labor was only a matter of hours, she delivered a half hour after arriving at the hospital. Maybe that will be us?? we can hope anyways
Old 08-23-2007, 04:31 PM   #25
*Katherine*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am right there with you. And I have been having contractions (although not painful) all day. Had an OB appointment and it showed that I am thick, closed and high, so it isn't happening anytime soon. I am SO tired!
Old 08-23-2007, 06:37 PM   #26
crystalkicks
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had an appt today and they didnt even check me?? I wish I knew what was going on in there!!!
Old 08-23-2007, 06:45 PM   #27
*Katherine*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The only reason they checked me is they were already in there for the Group B Strep Test and I was having contractions. I knew it was going to be nothing. I don't really want them to check me again though
Old 08-23-2007, 07:46 PM   #28
nacke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Goodness mama's! I feel for you all... Im only 24 weeks, with #4, and soooo ready for it to be over! big big to all of you!!! Cant wait for this to be over! The TX heat is just killing me =p
nacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 07:49 PM   #29
bohlander04
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2N_MyArms_1N_TheOven View Post
i hope not, for both our sakes. i DID read somewhere that 2nd or more time mama's tend to dialate faster and they are the ones who tend to go from 1cm to 10cm just like that. i have a friend who delivered just a few weeks ago at 39 weeks. she had an apt that morning and was less than a cm dilated that evening she went into labor and her labor was only a matter of hours, she delivered a half hour after arriving at the hospital. Maybe that will be us?? we can hope anyways
If it makes you two feel any better this is exactly what happened to me. I dialated so darn quick with #2 and #3. Went from a 4-10 in 20 min with #2 and a 5-10 in I kid you not 7 min with #3. I was only at the hosp for 45 min before I had him. Let's hope we all have that luck this time around.

Check out my new online store!
http://www.waddlewear.net/
bohlander04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 07:50 PM   #30
ferrferr
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Been there. Oh god have I been there. Now she's out and wants to be held and nursed all the time!! And they silently gang up on me and poop at the same time. Not amusing.
ferrferr is offline   Reply With Quote