Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-10-2006, 07:22 AM   #1
Registered Users
My new washing trick!

So I was having some major smell/stain problems . I use mostly FB with microfiber and hemp inserts and I have a big FL.

I got some Arm & Hammer washing soda that I keep near the diaper pail. When a bad poop diaper comes, I spray it off, throw it in the diaper pail and then sprinkle a little of the washing soda on top of it. Then when I wash the dipes I do the usual except I add a little more allens than I used to.

full cold wash with no detergent (execpt the washing soda that is already in w/the dipes)

Sanitary cycle (really hot) I put the plunger halfway down on my gallon of Allens and I put about 1/4 cup vinegar in the fabric softener compartment

and extra rinse

OK I only did this once so far but it worked really well and I had been washing and washing to get the stink out before.

Loving Mamma to Eli

Last edited by gr33nie; 07-10-2006 at 08:49 AM.
gr33nie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:59 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: My new washing trick!

Sounds like a great system. I've been using washing soda for awhile. Our guy is on all solids now and do exactly as you were saying with the dirty diapers. I haven't had any stink issues at all. I don't use vinegar, but I have hard water. I think the cold wash off right away helps keep stains away too. It's really not that hard as they get older because they go less....

Hope it keeps working for you!
Sarah SAHM to William 4/05 and Emily 6/99 and blessed wife of Hank for 12 years!
SarahJane is offline   Reply With Quote