Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-23-2007, 09:49 AM   #1
MamaJoyful
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Smile PG Mamas of Many, how are you doing?

Hi everyone!

I posted a month ago wondering if anyone else was preggo with baby #5, and I realized I am not alone here with lots of little ones! So how is everyone feeling? I'm 13 1/2 weeks and doing good. I am feeling little flutters and finally starting to show a little bit! It's funny, I thought I'd pop fast with baby #5, but aparantly not. At 12-13 weeks I still looked flat as a pancake. Silly.

I had asked if you were all planning on using cloth with your new babes, and well...you convinced me! We're planning on using trimmed prefolds and some sandys fitteds. I totally have my 12 month old back in cloth now, she's using 4-6-4 trimmed prefolds and covers. It's going well! She had been in sposies because I couldn't get the FBs and micro inserts clean very easily in my Maytag Neptune FL. I sold my FBs (well most of them,) and am doing better with the prefolds. I'm still working on my wash routine, but hoping to have a good system down soon.

I am sewing again! I made two PUL covers for my 12 mo. They turned out great! I may make some iddy biddy ones for the new little babe.

We started our school year at the very end of July. I wanted to get a head start this year. Normally we begin after Labor Day, but I figured with the babe due March 1, it would be good to get going. I'm doing Sonlight Core 1 with my 1st and 3rd graders. I'm liking it a lot.

How are the rest of you??

Advertisement

Old 08-23-2007, 10:17 AM   #2
pfamilygal6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: PG Mamas of Many, how are you doing?

Hi, Sara!

We're due any day now with #5. Using cloth on #3 and #4. We use Magicalls with Cottonbabies doublers. I have mostly VB AIO's and Harleyz and SEZ pockets for the newbie.

I'm just hoping my kids survive until the baby gets here. I am sooo short tempered right now. My longest pg was 36.4 weeks and here we are at 38 wks 2 days with no signs of delivery. I cramp and spot all the time but nothing happens. Cervix is still 1 cm and thick. Ugh!

We are doing Sonlight C with our pre-K and 1st grader this year.
pfamilygal6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:30 AM   #3
MamaJoyful
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Tamara,

Hang in there! I was 38-2 with first, 39-2 with second, 38-5 with third, and then 40-2 with the fourth! And it was the end of July! Ugh. I was challenged to say the least. Try to remember that God's timing is perfect. Try to release the timing, and realize that you CAN make it through! I can't wait to hear your story and see pics of your new tiny bean! I will say a prayer for you. I remember how I felt at the end of the last one. Hugs!
Old 08-23-2007, 11:40 AM   #4
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm chugging along! I'm doing better now that I'm taking my probiotics, cal/mag supplements, and iron! My kidney stopped acting up so much since I started taking my cranberry chewables too (I have a BIG kidney stone).

We'll be starting school in another week or so. I finally got to order my curriculum yesterday (My Father's World) and am SO looking forward to getting it! I love Sonlight, but it's out of our price range. I spent about $400 for Aidan and Kieran's materials for the year with MFW and it keeps us going with our Charlotte Mason methods. I'll probably buy some of their preschool materials after the baby is born to help keep Torrin and Eliana occupied. I wish I had started sooner.. well, we've kind of started. I'm easing them into by setting aside time to spend in the school room playing games and practicing letters and numbers and writing - but we only do this 2-3x/week at this point.

My parents are taking the older two for a week next week, I'm so relieved to have that time to finish getting our house together (moved in 5mo ago and still unpacking!) and prep for starting school!

We're all really looking forward to meeting the new member of our family!
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:57 PM   #5
laniesmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm not sure I really fit in here as we're just on #4, but I'm hanging in there. I'm just 10w today, and smack dab in the middle of the ickiness of the 1st trimester. I'm sure I'll be feeling better in a few weeks, but I'm feeling down right sorry for my girls and myself this week. I ordered our books last week in hopes of beginning school by the first of September. Our Math came yesterday. Still waiting on the core, which is the Prairie Primer this year. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm a bit worried about being able to keep up since I've been so icky feeling.

We're going to use ME Sandy's with this baby. I'm just going to buy the smalls and use them until I can't use them anymore. They worked with my last DD from 9ish pounds to over 20. Each child is so different though, I hope they work for this one!

I'm going to get some probiotics tonight. I've had the worst gut rot ever lately. Something's off with my flora. If I can get that back in order, I'm sure I'll feel a ton better.

Tamara, I know your pain. My 3rd baby was 40w1d after a 37 and a 38 weeker. I was SO ready for her to be out! Hang in there!!
Old 08-23-2007, 04:47 PM   #6
MamaJoyful
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Churchpunkmom,

We're using MFW this year too. I'm doing most of the 1st grade stuff with my 2nd child. I've done MFW every year except this year we decided to try Sonlight. I got it used. But I know what you mean about the cost. However, I was really thankful that we could swing it. Going to the library was way too stressful for me with MFW. It just got to be too much.

Milkmommy,

Hi! I didn't specify any number of kids because it doesn't really matter, lol. I sure felt like I had "many" when I was expecting my fourth! So how big are you babes at birth? When do those small Sandys work ok? Do they leak bf poo on babies smaller than 10lbs?

Hope your tummy is feeling better soon!
Old 08-23-2007, 05:04 PM   #7
laniesmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

6lbs. 1oz. 18 1/2"
7lbs. 1oz. 18"
7lbs. 1oz. 20"

It's funny because they were 37w, 38w, and 40w1d respectively. You'd think that since my 3rd cooked for those 2 extra weeks that she'd have been larger than my 2nd.

How big were your munchkins?

We used sposies early on, but I think that we're going to try to make the ME work from the get go with this one. I never had any problems with leaks with ME. I used an array of pockets and had issues with all of them. ME were my stand-by's.

When is everybody due? We're March 20th.

Off to find some probiotics...

Last edited by laniesmommy; 08-23-2007 at 05:06 PM.
laniesmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:26 PM   #8
mom2B
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mom of going to be five god willing. Iam 13-16 weeks along, one person says one thing and the other the other. No u/s yet and I feel pretty good. Iam over the m/s. That is a huge plus. I feel a lot of presure though already and makes me worry, I cramp a lot too? Mainly at night. Iam also 35 years old and overweight dont know if that has anything to do with it. Oh and my baby now is 1 year old. I no longer can bf because it really causes me to get way to tired. But all in all Iam pretty excited. I will be cloth diapering as well. I have 10 small littleraindancers aio from my last baby, I loved them. Then i have 12 bgs in size large. I have a bunch of g diapers comming and I will use prefolds in them. I have snappies and wraps and prefolds too. So I think I am ready, already lol because my baby is still a baby.
mom2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:54 PM   #9
BigButtSoWut
Registered Users

My Mood:

Well, i'm new so I think i'll introduce myself first. My name is Des, this is our 5th babyi'm 35 wks, we'll be using CD's from the beginning with this one, I did CD from the 4th but not from birth. My stash is sort of a mixture of things, we will be using mainly prefolds with a few fitteds thrown to make it fun. We have a mutt, KHW, and some Tinkle Trap prefitteds. We will be starting school this Mon. with our PS, we had planned to start this week, but i've been feeling so blah. We will be using TOG yr. 3 and I will be folding in my STB 5yr. old this year. Thanks for this post, my oldest loves hearing about families with a few more kids. It really ruffles her feathers when people make comments about how big our family is.
BigButtSoWut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 06:19 PM   #10
De-lovely
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I am on my fourth in virtually four years.....When Cora is born I will have a 3,2, and 1 year old! I am chugging along doing well.....I am 30 weeks....scheduled c-section at 38 weeks.....had preterm labor with both my second and third child....5.5 weeks and then 4 weeks respectively....I am very excited to meet this new little one and sad at the same time as I am getting my tubes tied after her birth. We will CD her as we have all of our children and 2 are still in cloth now-hopefully my 2 year old will be on her way but if not ahhh well whats one more right? LOL Health wise I know its the best decision as my babies that are already here need their mama! Glad to hear all of you are doing well also!
Niki: single, divorced, missin' CD's, no vax, no circ, wish I coulda homeschooled, sneaker obsessed, poet, avid reading, meditating, sometimes knitting, music junkie, film enthusiast WOHmama to Emma 11/28/03, Elena 11/28/04, Quinn 4/22/06 and Cora 10/26/07...

Last edited by De-lovely; 08-23-2007 at 06:22 PM.
De-lovely is offline   Reply With Quote