Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-23-2007, 02:57 PM   #1
southernmom2three
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hilarious take on sleeping thru the night ;-)

Thank goodness we are well past this stage at our house but I can still appreciate the humor
http://www.sweet-juniper.com/2005/09...round-one.html

Advertisement

Old 08-23-2007, 04:58 PM   #2
aept
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Hilarious take on sleeping thru the night ;-)

cute!
We're doing OK with Sears for now...
aept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 07:36 PM   #3
playingoutside
Registered Users

My Mood:

funny! sears is working fine here too...we just gently helped my son (18mos) sleep through the night with some sears advice....i'm rooting for him next round!
Old 08-25-2007, 04:08 PM   #4
sageandquinnsmommy
Registered Users

Funny. But that is not a picture of Dr. Sears' head on either one of those prize fighters.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:12 PM   #5
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sageandquinnsmommy View Post
Funny. But that is not a picture of Dr. Sears' head on either one of those prize fighters.
Might be, there are like what, 3 of them? Him and his two sons.

ETA: I've come to the "screw advice" part of parenting. My son is weird, like no other child I've ever come across (by other's desciptions of their own or IRL) and I've had to do what is best for him, ignoring all others. He's CIO (and by CIO I mean cried for like 30 minutes because I don't have the *insert certain boy parts here* to let him actually CIO) maybe 3 times in his life. And I've always felt horrid about it. Now we're at the age where I just gripe at him (he sleeps in out room). Jack SHH! Jack, lay down and go back to sleep, mama's tired. Jackson Milo is it 4am and I am NOT getting up yet! All while he giggles incesantly. I figure by the time he's 5 maybe I can send him out to watch TV and have some dry cereal while I sneak in a couple more hours. Until then, sleep isn't typical around here.

Last edited by JustAugust; 08-25-2007 at 06:15 PM.
JustAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 03:19 PM   #6
haydn'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That was hilarious. Haydn sleeps most nights but doesn't nap, but it did take a little attended CIO there for a few days to get us going. Of course, this only lasted 15min each night and was waaayyyy better than the 2 hrs of screaming he'd do while we tried to rock, walk, bounce, nurse, etc him to sleep a la Sears.
SO to my big papa, stepmom to the fabulous Ben, and mama to my tornado of destruction, Haydn 3.2.07, my precious monkey Emerson 9.8.09 and my two angel babies 1.20.13 and 3.1.13, and cautiously with a miracle
haydn'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:18 AM   #7
zosiasmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I found that sort of weird and hard to follow, but I am only on my first cup of coffee this morning. We finally resorted to Weissbluths method and let her fuss it out and she did great. I nurse her till drowsy now and she puts herself to sleep every night, but she is still waking 3-4 times at night and only wants to nurse. I am pregnant again and really at the and of my rope, I am tired and grouchy all the time and fed up with this night time stuff. I know she is only a year old but honestly I NEED her to sleep all night..,..soon!
In a few weeks my DH is taking a week off and he is going to work her through the night and try to get her to sleep through the night without having to nurse. We really don't know what else to do. Any hints would be great. Danni

Want to know about making money with ChaCha? Ask me!
I made $350 last month!Hits4Pay Want some Moola?
zosiasmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:39 AM   #8
haydn'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zosiasmama View Post
I found that sort of weird and hard to follow, but I am only on my first cup of coffee this morning. We finally resorted to Weissbluths method and let her fuss it out and she did great. I nurse her till drowsy now and she puts herself to sleep every night, but she is still waking 3-4 times at night and only wants to nurse. I am pregnant again and really at the and of my rope, I am tired and grouchy all the time and fed up with this night time stuff. I know she is only a year old but honestly I NEED her to sleep all night..,..soon!
In a few weeks my DH is taking a week off and he is going to work her through the night and try to get her to sleep through the night without having to nurse. We really don't know what else to do. Any hints would be great. Danni
Mine is recently waking at night, which is new but I have found that he really doesn't want anything. If I go in and try to nurse him or even give a bottle, he might take a little, but then falls asleep almost immediately. The last few nights we've let him fuss and it only lasts about 2-4min and he's right back to sleep. I don't know if it's a teething thing or developmental thing (he's learning to sit up by himself and wanting to crawl) or if he just wakes up and is looking for a new position, but I'm hoping it ends quickly cause I absolutely cannot fall back asleep until he's quiet and has been for 10-15min.
SO to my big papa, stepmom to the fabulous Ben, and mama to my tornado of destruction, Haydn 3.2.07, my precious monkey Emerson 9.8.09 and my two angel babies 1.20.13 and 3.1.13, and cautiously with a miracle
haydn'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 08:09 AM   #9
ScrappyCat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Goodness... a year old and still waking 3-4 times. Do they start waking up again after they've started sleeping through??

My 10 week old DS just started giving me 7-8 hours of sleep a night... 10pm to 6am most nights... I hope he doesn't start waking up in the middle again.
ScrappyCat is offline   Reply With Quote