Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-10-2006, 11:05 AM   #1
stephdpn
Registered Users
seller

Does your DC do acrobatics while you nurse?

I am so tired of DS flipping around and messing with me while he nurses. This morning, I was trying to nurse him, look at the paper and drink my coffee (at the table - I know, multitasking!) and he kept kicking his leg over my opposite arm and pushing at it with his foot. I spilled my coffee once and found myself getting really annoyed. Even if I just sit still in the chair he has to scratch me or poke me or put his hand in my mouth or up my nose. Please don't suggest a nursing necklace - I think he would figure out how to choke me with it. Those of you who are or have nursed toddlers - how do you teach them to be nice while they nurse?? Looks like we are in this for the long haul and I don't want my two year old kicking me in the head while he nurses!

Advertisement

Old 07-10-2006, 11:19 AM   #2
wbkt8
Registered Users
seller

Re: Does your DC do acrobatics while you nurse?

good lord yes! actually if it makes you feel better - she's better mannered now than she was at 13 months. her favorite trick is trying to nurse standing on her head....yogatasty my dh calls it. she has a great downward facing dog pose.

oh yes and she does the leg on my other arm if i reach across her to do something (like type on my laptop).
Old 07-10-2006, 12:48 PM   #3
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

Hannah's only 8 months old and can contort herself in all kinds of ways while nursing. I can hardly even nak anymore because one arm swings around behind her to mess with the keyboard. Then the one leg goes up and around and kicks whatever is within kicking range. And then, of course, there is the yanking of my boob, lip, eyelid, whatever she can reach.
No suggestions for you, sorry. I need some myself.
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 06:09 PM   #4
stephdpn
Registered Users
seller

Oh, good, I'm glad I'm not alone with my contortionist nursling!!
Old 07-10-2006, 06:22 PM   #5
toryandrew
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbkt8
good lord yes! actually if it makes you feel better - she's better mannered now than she was at 13 months. her favorite trick is trying to nurse standing on her head....yogatasty my dh calls it. she has a great downward facing dog pose.

oh yes and she does the leg on my other arm if i reach across her to do something (like type on my laptop).

YOGATASTY! DS likes to stand up, flip around, go upside down. Which fine except my nipple is in his mouth the entire time! Youch!

Sometimes it makes me think seriuosly about weaning
toryandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 03:01 PM   #6
Quisalas
Registered Users

Katrina is SO wild when she's nursing! We usually nurse laying on the bed because that's where she is usually the most sane (and not popping off every 2 seconds to look at stuff) and she has literally spun all the way around me while nursing. She does all kinds of moving and jumping and pinching and grabbing! And every time she pulls herself off she face-dives back into the breast to latch back on, she's crazy!

No solutions, but plenty of sympathy.
Quisalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:29 PM   #7
aschrimp
Registered Users

DS likes to pop my bra strap (so much that he won't nurse when I am not wearing a bra). He also, when he wants to nurse to sleep, he punches his arm up into my neck/shoulder area. When he wants to stay awake, he sticks his top/outside leg straight up into the air, and grabs with his hand.
He also HATES my shirt to be pulled down over any part of my breast, and of course will simply not eat if I try to cover him up (don't blame him on that count). When we NIP we play push-of-war with the shirt - I push it down, he pushes it back up, I try to pretend that the entire room didn't just see my entire breast and push it back down - lol.
I call the popping on and off and pulling and spinning and tugging all while latched on "Go Go Gadget Extenda-Boob". It is a common affliction when NIP for us - so much that if there are a lot of distractions I often have to go somewhere more quiet.

Andrea - Mama to Lexy (9/7/05) & Serenity (3/14/09)! My Feedback: DS EBay
aschrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 02:33 AM   #8
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

HEE HEE! I have a little man that likes to put his feet on the coffee table while I am sitting on the couch nursing him front to front ... invision that ha ha....

If you want them to have manners as far as anything, twiddling, acrobatics, pinching, biting, pulling up your shirt without asking, calling your breasts something you would not mind yelled at the local walmart or anything, you have to set the rules NOW! I sign to my little one, we started when he was about a year and a made a sign for milk and he would sign (now he says milk milk) and I taught him please. So now he says milk. ne nee. which means milk please, and he signs it too. Anyway, he is required to ask please before I say yes to nurse. I say what do you say when you want something and he says ne nee. If he pulls up my shirt at home that means that he gets off of my lap and I tell him nicely that he needs to ask before he pulls up mommy's shirt. If he twiddles, the same. If you don't like the acrobatics while nursing, tell him. Say mommy doesn't like it when you move all around and know it will take some time. The reason I say to set the nursing rules is because I have a friend that doesn't feel comfortable nursing her 2.5 year old because she does all of the above. I personally couldn't stand it. My son has begining manners in every other aspect of his life (ex. please, thank you, share etc) why not nursing...
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 02:37 AM   #9
Jjennjarvis
Registered Users

We call this booby yoga. Noah does it ALL the time and has since he was about 9 months. It use to really bother me and make my nips sore but I have gotten use to it now! LOL
Jjennjarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:53 PM   #10
JackieLyn
feeling festive
seller

My Mood:

i could have written this post myself!! thanks for the tips!!