Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-28-2006, 01:33 PM   #1
masonite
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
seller

My Mood:
Experienced Mom's Help!!

I only switched to CDing a little while ago (my son is 14 months). I currently use mostly FB's, which I love!!

But, that being said, we all know that CDing is a serious addiction. Reading about all of these different things (prefolds, covers, wool...etc) it makes me want to try something else as well. (Plus, those tie dyed prefolds are SO cute!) I'm not willing to give up my FB's, because they work great for us, but what else should I try?

Keep in mind, that we are currently broke as a joke, but I want to keep my options open for when we have money.

Where should I start? I don't really know much about CDing (except for FB's), so talk to me like I have no idea what I'm doing, and I will most likely understand!!

So, what should I try?

Annalee

Mason (3 1/2)
Camden (14 months)

Advertisement

masonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 01:42 PM   #2
havanadaydreamin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Experienced Mom's Help!!

I'm still pretty new to this too, and I also use mostly FB. They work great for me.

HOWEVER, I have gotten a few fitted diapers that I really like for around the house. I have 2 PW and 1 BBL and one Ewe Baby fitted. I don't really put covers over them since they are pretty absorbent on their own.

I use FB when when we are going somewhere out.

I have gotten 1 CPF and a snappi, but DD is so wiggly that I can't seem to get it on her. It is bad enough trying to snap the FB on her!
Old 04-28-2006, 02:01 PM   #3
widdlelou
Registered Users

Really new too, but I have a almost 14 month old too! And jsut started myself and I mainly have pfs and one fb (haha we are totally opposite!) anyways I love my pfs. It seemed like it woudl be harder than it was to get. I mean I'm still workn' on it. BUT to pin is not that scary once you put the pins in soap (duh! So my grandmother knows a thing or two about cloth who woulda thunk it!) and I'm trying to get the hang of snappis but they look so cute when they are pinned. Its always nice ot have variety. and PF are cheap! I got some tye dyed ones for a buck each b/c she didn't liek the way they turned out. So look around.
Due with baby girl #2 2/26/08
widdlelou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 02:36 PM   #4
kugrinic
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I say go Mama and try everything! There isnt one type I dont like to be honest. Some days I feel more cruchy and want a PF in wool, and other days I want slim and sturdy so I go to my pockets (which I only have WAHM types and wonderoos).

So for you I would trade a FB or two to fund some fun wool and get some fitted or prefolds (get those tie dyes you like) and have fun with the warm weather. Your babies butt will feel happy too