Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-29-2007, 07:44 AM   #11
anabellee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is this worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymakes3 View Post
Check out WIC or the hospital. They should have a really good pump you can rent. WIC gives them free to use if you're on WIC. :-)
Or go back NICU or the lc at the hospital and ask for a list of places/people that rent out pumps. When CJ spent some time in NICU they gave me a list of people and places that had them for rent.

I think its awesome what you're doing! Good luck!

Kelly
definitely check it out. i have a lactina that i rent and it works tons better than anything else i've tried

Advertisement

Old 08-30-2007, 05:11 PM   #12
roxannejohnson1987
Registered Users

My DS and I are currently relactating and if you ever want to talk let me know. It is a hard thing to do but so great I plan to nurse or pump for my toddler and doing it now will help me do that .IT IS WORTH IT .
roxannejohnson1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:14 PM   #13
BarbieAnn79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use the medela PIS and I love it! In the NICU our DD didnt get to transition from tube to boob until she was almost 3 months old and I downright refused bottles, which is a good thing because as it turns out she has poor oral /swallow control from having CP and aspirates into her lungs on every thing EXCEPT the breast. She is almost 2 and I pump for her tube feeds (GJ tube) and she nurses on and off too... In the NICU i used the Ameda hospital grade double electric pump, and once she got older the insurance wouldnt pay for my rental anymore and I got a medela double electric pump ( PIS) my hubby thinks I am half nuts to continue to breastfeed and a lot of people just don't see the point.. which makes me a lil upset, we had to work very hard for this, due to medical complications stemming from her prematurity, she was 100% tube fed from 4-11 months old and here we are ! she is going to be 2 in Oct. and she is nursing ! ( and still getting tube feeds of momma milk) I think it is wonderful tha you are willing to take the time And energy to do this for your daughter.. with a lot of patience & love, (and being stubborn! LOL) and a lil help from medications./herbal remedies, and a good breastpump, It can happen!
I wish you and your daughter all the luck in the world!
Old 08-31-2007, 09:29 PM   #14
Khourtniey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT!!!!!!!!

I really recommend trying to relactate... It is soooo worth it.

Both of my boys were preemies. Both never latched on so I got stuck EPing.. Im still currently EPing for my 27 month old. He is EBF.. I do have supply issues, have been lucky to receive some donor milk. He has a lot of problems and is tube fed.. There are tons of websites with information about relactation.

I have a few ideas for boosting/maintaining supply on my website.

http://www.preemiechatter.com/breastmilk.html

Anyway I think you will not regret it. If I had enough supply to give my oldest breastmilk then I would, but right now, my youngest needs it more than my oldest.
Khourtniey is offline   Reply With Quote