Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-24-2007, 07:32 PM   #1
YesIhave4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question need advice about my 6 year old bedwetter

Ok, I can not spend another $15 on a pack of "Goodnites" again! My poor son is six and he has major bedwetting issues. He has been sleeping in pullups since he learned to use the potty at age 2 1/2. He moved up to the Goodnites as he got bigger, but he sometimes wets so much that he still soaks himself (and the bed, and his clothes...)!
I'm so frustrated, and I feel bad for him, but...
What do I do? What is my best alternative option to the Goodnites? I hear that ME bedwetter pants are good. He wakes up wet probably 5 days out of 7, so how many should I buy?
TIA for any help/advice!!
Keri

Advertisement

Old 08-24-2007, 08:34 PM   #2
sunfish_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: need advice about my 6 year old bedwetter

My oldest was a bedwetter until he was 6. It wasn't untill we left a very stressful situation that he stooped wetting. That very night we left he never wet again. I just put pads under him and washed his PJ's. I hope you find something that will work for you.

sunfish_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:07 PM   #3
playingoutside
Registered Users

My Mood:

Happy Heiny's has large size "bed wetting" pants. You could look at that, and I guess how many to buy depends on how often you want to wash. We have about 3-4 night time dipes over here and that works out just fine. HTH ! Good luck
Old 08-24-2007, 11:09 PM   #4
afishwithabike
Registered Users

My Mood:

I would say four to five night time pants. That way it's not a super strain on you to get them all clean right away. (((((HUGS)))) to you. It's tough.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:12 PM   #5
Khourtniey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Contact your doctor. If there is a medical reason then your insurance might be able to help you out with diapers/pullups. And you could maybe even talk your supply company into ordering cloth.
Khourtniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 06:57 AM   #6
3dollbabes
Registered Users

My Mood:

My boys didn't stop wetting the bed until they were almost 8yo. Then it's like they all of a sudden just stopped.
I noticed my older son if we had a stressful day he would be more likely to have an accident.
There bodies are growing faster then there bladder can handle is what our ped. told us.
I know by boys didn't enjoy it either so I didn't fuss cause I knew they couldn't help it. I was frustrated though.
I did wash right much.
I always used the goodnites, I wish I knew then what another alternative was also.

Melanie
3dollbabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 07:21 AM   #7
Distinctive Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: shandyms
seller

My Mood:

My oldest dd was a wetter until she was almost 7. We spent so much money on pull-ups! We took her to the doctor, who basically told us that there was nothing wrong with her, that she would grow out of it eventually, by the time she was 10. I ended up buying a cheap bed wetting alarm on ebay. That ended up working for us - the alarm only went off a few times, and she learned how to hold her bladder through the night. I know that solution won't work for everyone, but it did work well for us.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:22 PM   #8
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

I wet the bed for a really long time. My mom tried various things. I can remember wearing rubber/vinyl pants. I also had to try this...thing that looked like a pad, but you fit it in your underwear. It was plugged into this little box that you'd leave on the pillow and it'd alarm if it got wet. NOTHING worked for me. I remember a period of time where I couldn't drink anything after 6p (which was absolute torture - I've always been a big water drinker). Peeing before going to bed, setting an alarm, nothing worked. I wet the bed until I was 18 yrs old. Not every night, but probably 3-4/7. My mom just changed the sheets all the time...until I was old enough to do it myself.

I don't have ANY suggestions for what to do....but just know that there could be an actual medical reason (I've got a smallish, overactive bladder). My mom has the same problem and she wet the bed until 17yo. My dad wet the bed for longer than normal time, but I don't think he ever divulged exactly how long. It's terribly embarassing and I wished nothing in the world but to NOT wet the bed.

Good luck to you and your son.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:16 PM   #9
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

It is hereitary in some cases. Our pediatric urologist advised against the alarm thing, which was advised by our ped. She said that there is nothing that you can do to help it until they grow out of it. I wet the bed until I was about 9 so I'm not pushing my son. We do goodnights too. I HATE buying them with a passion and I've tried everything, but he HATES the bulk of cloth. Because he wets so much we really had to stuff the heck out of the cloth and it ended up looking like he was wearing a marshmellow . He was already self-conscious about the problem, so we just let him keep with the goodnights because it is more discreet. I hope you find something that works for your son. My son did like the comfort of the...oh, now I've forgotten the name of them...she makes stuffable trainers with foe around the outside. Anyway, if I think of the name, I'll post again. My son did like the feel and fit of those; but didn't like that we had to stuff them so much.
*****No longer anxiously awaiting Aiden - He's HERE!!****
Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 07:17 PM   #10
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

Nap EZ made by Snap EZ. She is a great mamma to work with and makes a GREAT product. Unfortunately my son just didn't like the bulk.
*****No longer anxiously awaiting Aiden - He's HERE!!****
Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote