Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-10-2006, 03:15 PM   #11
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

Re: the family on "bringing home baby" today used cloth.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by myajdw
i've heard some of them give up the same day they come home b/c they don't have any milk yet...well you're not going to yet you dink!

I've actually heard that too. Silly people. But the blame for that goes to the hospitals for not educating the mothers before they leave.

Advertisement

SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:40 PM   #12
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

yes boo on hospitals for that one for sure!!!! it just drives me nuts, i think part of the blame is on the mother for that as well though simply b/c when you make that decision i believe you should also educate yourself some.
it's still frustrating though!!!! they think the baby is starving to death b/c it's crying and they have no milk. no the baby is crying b/c it's been taken from it's comfy warm womb and everything is new and probably very scary!!! they keep wanting mommy's boob b/c it's comforting not b/c they're starving!

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:52 PM   #13
kissum
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Yep, boo to them! I stopped watching that show b/c I got so mad how ignorant a lot of the moms are about BFing. Grr.
kissum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:56 PM   #14
crunchychristianmom
Registered Users
seller

I missed it today, but I've been watching obsessively the last few weeks. DS3 is one month old today!!! I was pretty excited that most episodes I saw they WERE actually breastfeeding, but of course, I'm sure it's mostly because the focus is on the first three days. Lots of people nurse for a couple weeks and then give up. I was just glad to see ANY nursing on TV at all, considering our bottle- and formula-happy culture.

I'm completely SHOCKED that someone was actually CD'ing!! Maybe I'm really jaded... but I'm not surprised they didn't kudos. Most of my own friends still think I'm crazy.

http://crunchychristianmom.blogspot.com
crunchychristianmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 04:11 PM   #15
aliks
Registered Users
seller

it just aired here, they run a business an online business one hot mama. They cut off the convo of cd's. The friends asked "do you use pins", then it cut to another scene or commercial.
aliks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 04:21 PM   #16
fouradss
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I completely missed that part. Must have been when I was changing laundry. Usually when these shows are on i'm at work. However, when I get a chance to watch one it does irritate me, some of the things that happen are just because of lack of education.
fouradss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 06:12 PM   #17
erin_brycesmom
Registered Users
seller

I didn't see it today but this isn't the first time they've had a family using cloth. I watched it a few weeks ago and they had another set of parents using cloth. They didn't talk much about it but they did mention it. They just had a singleton birth. I think this was the vegan family too or maybe I am getting them confused. I know for a fact that "Birth Day" is sponsered by pampers and that airs on the same network so I wouldn't be surprised if Bringing Home Baby is as well. During Birth Day live they kept panning over to a basket of pampers saying that moms who participated got this free gift basket from the sponsers. I'm thinking...well that wouldn't intice me to participate, oh well.
erin_brycesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 06:45 PM   #18
Lisa-Rachelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used to watch the show religously until I actually got pregnant and started taking interest in things like breastfeeding, cloth diapering, natural childbirth etc...now I can't watch it at all because it irritates me.
Either the show just happens to select couples who ALL fit into one stereotype, or our world really IS like that (scary thought, ay?)
Every mom has an epidural, uses sposies and switches to bottles or formula because "breastfeeding was painful and frustrating."
DUH!!!!
Did you MISS the part of the book or class there they mentioned BREASTFEEDING IS INITIALLY PAINFUL AND TAKES PATIENCE?

And while I have NOTHING against women getting an epidural if they feel that is the right choice for them, I get really sick of seeing it on every single episode. It makes me feel like women have just totally given up on allowing their bodies to experience the purpose and joy of childbirth. Instead they have to dope themselves up for fear that they cant handle the pain.
And I think only ONCE have I seen any alternative birth on those shows (Bringing Home Baby and Baby Story) where the mother delivered in the tub.

Are we ever going to see a home birth on Baby Story? What about one at a birth center? How about an AP family where the children are at the birth or where the mother actually does something other than labor in a Hospital bed for 18 hours all hooked up to machines?

Honestly, it doesn't surprise me one bit. I really dislike television, and bland cut-n-dry programs make it that much worse.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:11 PM   #19
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

i was watching show on tlc or discoveryhealth for awhile (i honestly can't remember which channel it was) that i LOVED, i can't for the life of me remember the name of it but it was based around a midwifery. there were homebirths and births that did take place at the midwifery...it was a wonderful show. all natural parenting based and it was amazing.
i've seen a couple baby stories have homebirths (i think, i know i've seen it happen besides just on the previous show mentioned)...but not very many.

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:22 PM   #20
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

I just want to make sure ya'll know I wanted to contact the show or network it was on, not harrass the family for their personal decisions.