Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-10-2006, 08:02 PM   #21
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: the family on "bringing home baby" today used cloth.....

the show is on TLC.

Advertisement

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:14 PM   #22
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

Oh House of Babies is done in a birth center, and I think that's about as close as you'll get to the most natural deliveries with EVERY patient.
Someone messaged me and told me that they had brought home twin girls. I TiVo'd it (DS was watching Pooh or something, LOL) but haven't watched it yet. The person who PM'd me was excited because they (supposedly, again haven't watched it) showed that she was bfing twins. I'm excited that it's out there, though. A lot of people don't think they can. I also noticed in a Parenting magazine I got the other day that they had a little section about "Can I breastfeed twins, triplets, or more?". It's nice to see it out there, but it always seems like it's not enough, KWIM?
I'll have to watch it, LOL. Those things tick me off, too. I wish they'd just show them using cloth diapers instead of the family fighting about it. I guess it would just make things harder and make the parents look ridiculous because they're being ridiculed by their family. Oh well! I guess little steps are important, too.
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:24 PM   #23
twinsmomkatie
Registered Users
seller

You know, when I nursed my twins, it was REALLY HARD for me, and there were MANY days I wanted to give up and quit! For a whole lot of reasons. And then when we switched to cloth, I have to honestly say that it didn't really work very well for me at first. I committed to at least a month of ONLY cloth, and by the time the month was up, I was hooked. But the first couple of weeks I ran into some trouble. So I googled, searched the Yahoo groups (I don't actually know anyone in real life who cloth diapers), and found DiaperSwappers! Yay for me!

So, I guess my 2 cents worth is that . . . yep, some things are just HARD at first. Keep going.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:01 PM   #24
lizanneh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennesseemom
Are we ever going to see a home birth on Baby Story? What about one at a birth center? How about an AP family where the children are at the birth or where the mother actually does something other than labor in a Hospital bed for 18 hours all hooked up to machines?
I hate these shows, but I did happen to (accidentally) watch "A Baby Story" in the past month, and the reason I didn't change the channel was...
It was a home birth, in water, and there was a midwife present.

For the record, I had an epidural, but I asked the Dr. to make it light, which worked great for me, because I ended up being able to squat and move around, and eventually pushed out #1 on my hands and knees (much to the shocked dismay of my OB nurses). I got one again with #2, but his l&d was so easy, I won't bother if I have a third.

But back to dumb reasons to quit BFing, let me type out a quote from the BabyCenter magazine for 4-6 month parents:
"Breastfeeding helped me lose a lot of weight -- I lost my stomach in a month. But when I woke up one day with one boob way bigger than the other. I just said, 'That's it. I'm done with this.'"
Adriana Crawford with Elijzah, 6 months.
lizanneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:57 PM   #25
myajdw
seller
seller

My Mood:

i am by no means bashing having an epidural or anything...i had one with #1, it wasn't placed right though and ended up having to be turned off b/c it was placed in a vein. granted i was already 10 when they gave it to me...but i was in a panic so i probably wouldn't have been able to easily deliver w/o the pain relief. with #2 i got through w/o it and will do it that way again. i just think the comment that the mothers friend made was ridiculous...as if it's so "insane" to not have an epidural, breast feed and cloth diaper. i can somewhat see how thinking cding is insane b/c the idea is still "new" for a lot people. but not having an epidural and bf'ing is still pretty normal....at least i thought it was.
and as far as the whole wanting to give up nursing with twins...i can imagine those thoughts go through a mothers mind at times. my point was that MOST of the time on this show it seems the mothers give up twins or not. they never did say whether she did or not however...but seemed to have hinted at it b/c before they cut to commercial they made the comment "we'll see if she continues going naturally by nursing and cloth diapering" then when they cut back showed dad putting a pampers on baby. like i said whether or not they quit "going natural" or not i don't know. i think the show is just all about advertising for the promoters.

Old 07-10-2006, 11:57 PM   #26
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

Oh, I thought when they went back to visit them she was bfing on camera? I did watch it, but I've now deleted it, LOL so I'm not sure. I think the friend was saying "she's nuts - because it all seems so hard" or something like that. I think my family feels the same way, LOL. It takes a lot of pushing to get my mom to see that it's not hard to CD, KWIM? I just noticed that they did cut out pretty fast when her friend was talking about it - so I guess I don't really know exactly what she said.
Oh well! We can only hope that the mamas who see the programs like this are also seeing the more "natural mothering" programs, too - so at least it evens out.
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:34 AM   #27
myajdw
seller
seller

My Mood:

i don't think i saw her bf when they went back....now i'm second myself on that one lol. and yes they cut out FAST after the friends started talking about it. the woman made the one comment that she was insane, then the man asked if she secured with pins. then CUT! and to me it looked like they did a trifold in a wrap....but why make it seem less dangerous right? boo
oh well! i'd like to see house of babies (i knew someone would know which show i was talking about and recall the name of it!!!) advertise cd'ing!! actually at this point i'd like to see ANY thing on tv advertise it, it's kind of insane that it's not. what do you do though?