Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-27-2007, 03:33 PM   #1
mommypatton521
Banned
seller

My Mood:
natural child birth who's doing it / trying it?

Last time I was honest with myself and I approached the birth saying as natural as possible as long as possible....and I made it to 8cm's which IS pretty good LOL but I got the epi at 8cms it wasn't bad, no complications etc. She was born about an hour later ish of course I was so numb the nurse had to tell me where to push...so I did not feel her being born AT ALL that i'm nervous about. But I'd like to try this time.....i wanna read up on the bradley method anyone else making an attempt this time?

Advertisement

mommypatton521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:51 PM   #2
ScrappyCat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: natural child birth who's doing it / trying it?

Bradley was good for the education aspect. I tried hypnobabies, too, and it failed me miserably.
I ended up taking the epi after 4+ hours in transition. I was 10cm and still had a lip on my cervix so I couldn't push. It was agony. I finally caved in. BUT, the epidural available was one that I could control the amount, so i was able to feel the pushing part pretty well. Of course, it took 5 hours of pushing and ended with a vacuum extract, so it was just miserable all the way around! Poor kiddo just got stuck in there.
ScrappyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 04:00 PM   #3
bradleymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Bradley worked for us, completely natural! I was in labor for over 26 hours, and in transition for 4 or 5 hours (its helpful to know that typical transition is less than an hour). It helps to know that as you get to the end, you may very well ask for medication, and thats your signal that you are almost at the end (and why give in at that point?). What you really need is an awesome support person to get you all the way through
bradleymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 04:06 PM   #4
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am trying natural childbirth. I tried last time, but I didn't research it or take any classes or anything. They induced me with pit so I screamed for narcotics and they gave them to me. DD had some complications due to them, so I am going to try harder this time. I have read a couple Bradley books this time, have talked to DH about what I am and am not comfy with and will have a Doula there to support me as well. GL with your natural birth
Old 08-27-2007, 04:06 PM   #5
lisad1
Registered Users

I have no advice for you but I wanted to wish you good luck! I'm going to give natural cb a shot in a few weeks and I'm pretty pumped about it. I decided to go with a hb because I knew that if I were in the hospital I would start doubting myself and cave as soon as someone offered me drugs (among other reasons). I've read books on Bradley and hypnobirthing. I've also enlisted my dh to read a lot and figure out the right things to do/say to help me out (He has been really great about it too ). Good luck to you mama!
lisad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 04:18 PM   #6
mommypatton521
Banned
seller

My Mood:

thanks ladies

my epi was also one i could control which i REALLY liked b/c I could do as little or as much as I felt I needed...

i'm not against epi's at all I did tell myself as natural as possible for as long as possible and they did offer me drugs BUT i did have a great nurse who had a natural birth and an epi birth she said the epi was easier but it wasn't that huge of a deal in difference. I finally gave in near the end and wish I would have waited....I was at 8cm's and it was the final threat now or never...lol
Old 08-27-2007, 04:20 PM   #7
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

Our first had lots of interventions and was a very negative experience. Our second was completely natural and wonderful. We are expecting our third and definitely going all natural again!
I am reading Birthing from Within again this pregnancy and highly reccomend i!
Old 08-27-2007, 04:21 PM   #8
mommypatton521
Banned
seller

My Mood:

thanks mama
Old 08-27-2007, 04:23 PM   #9
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had my first born with the epi at 9 cm .. IT NEVER had time to kick in.. he was crowning when they rolled me over.. it was INSANE..

my second I got it at 5 cm .. bc I remembered the pain of #1..

and #3 I got the epi at 4-5 cm .

my last two were CAKE compared to #1 oh the pain ... LOL
mrsbehaven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 04:34 PM   #10
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

we are doing it!!! I don't like medical intervention not pregnant so i really want to avoid it now. I will have a great dh, a doula, a fabulous midwife, and be being filmed for a Bradley video...so i have been doing all the reading and practicing i can do. I just really want what's best for my LO and what will give me the best and healthiest experience!
~MY BLOG~

rachaeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote