Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-27-2007, 04:34 PM   #11
tmfletch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: natural child birth who's doing it / trying it?

I had "natural childbirth" with my DD this past December. By natural I mean no pain meds. They did put me on a Pitocin drip to speed up delivery due to the presence of Meconium when my water broke. I used Hypnosis for my "pain management". Using the Hypnosis (it was actually Hypnobabies) I had little to no pain while I was in labor. During transition was a different story. But I was able to use the Hypnobabies techniques to manage the pain during transition and the pushing phase. It was great!!! I was up, walking, and showering 40 minutes after the birth of DD.

My Hypnobabies Doula has my birth story posted on her site at:
www.birthdreamz.com , then go to testimonials, and at the bottom Rowan's birth is listed. There is also another birth story using Hypnobabies there too. I loved hypnosis for childbirth- it just takes a lot of dedication, practice, and hard work.

Advertisement

Last edited by tmfletch; 08-27-2007 at 04:46 PM.
tmfletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 04:34 PM   #12
mommypatton521
Banned
seller

My Mood:

yeah i remember the pain LOL

I really DON'T want it b/c I hate the idea of a needle in my spine lol I don't like that AT ALL
mommypatton521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 04:36 PM   #13
geckoed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had baby #5 perfectly natural It was awesome! (first 4 were c/sections)
Old 08-27-2007, 04:37 PM   #14
itsymama
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I'm going for all natural , I am also going for a VBAC so the fewer interventions the better ! Even if I were to want pain relief I would not do an epi again , this first one I had hurt SO much more then the contraction pain it was sposed to help plus it just made me feel so wrong and bad even after it wore off

itsymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 04:44 PM   #15
momahaylie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Both of my daughters we drug free births.

I just went in with both(got induced w/ #2) and told myself no drugs! And stuck to it!
Old 08-27-2007, 05:00 PM   #16
Monzie
Registered Users

We're getting ready for our first in about a month and we intend to go "natural." In fact, we're using a free-standing birth center that's staffed only by a team of midwives and they don't do epidurals at all. So, unless there are complications that "risk" me into the hospital at the last minute (*crossing fingers that this doesn't happen*), I'll have no other option but to grin and bear it.

We're really excited and looking forward to the whole birth process...whatever it brings. I know its going to hurt and I'm okay with that. I believe that the best things in life rarely come easily!
Monzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:09 PM   #17
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

me i had 1/4-1/2 the normal dose of pain med (iv) with ds1 and I plan on trying to go with nothing this time (I go tomorrow for an appt with the labor/delivery nurse and go over my birth plan ) and the dr already knows (in my charts) that I will NOT have the epi.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:10 PM   #18
writeinthelight
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've had 2 natural births, and while they weren't the easiest thing I've ever done, they were "doable." My advice is to learn as many relaxation techniques as you can, and to go with the flow when in labor. I walked almost the whole time last time, and it really helped--I was more comfortable upright. GL!
Old 08-27-2007, 05:48 PM   #19
MamaToBe84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i'd like to try it, but no promises, lol.

I think I'm very lucky... i was terrified of the idea of an epi, and my best friends dad is an anesthesiologist. We talked for an hour about the risks and safety of an epi, and he really made me feel better about it in the event that I need one, ya know? Usually, you dont even really talk to your anesthesiologist, and if you do, its for like 10 minutes :/
Old 08-27-2007, 06:16 PM   #20
happybutterflymama
Registered Users
seller

With my first I was induced and had a 43 hour labor...after 30something hours of pit I got an epi....the whole experience was miserable, aside from ds of course.

With my second I avoided induction (those obs can be pushy and paranoid!) and had a FANTASTIC natural labor. I wanted an epi around 8cm in transition but then my natural hormones kicked in and I was actually falling asleep in between contraction until the very end. It was an amazing experience!