Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2007, 08:47 AM   #21
ferrferr
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Re: VENTING! my husband travels too much and I'm feeling sorry for myself!

My boyfriend travels from time to time. When i was pregnant (7 months or so) he left for a week to go out of state, was home for 2 weeks then left for a week for Germany. He's also made 2 or 3 trips out of town (but in state) and another trip back to Nevada for a few days.

When he's working in the office he leaves home by 6-ish (on a day when he hasn't overslept) and doesn't get home until nearing on 8pm. So it feels like I'm alone a lot. Dinner ends up being for me and DD#1, and I have to juggle bath time, as well as dinner, and the baby and sometimes even the bedtime routine if my boyfriend is really late.

And then we have weekends like this last weekend where he was working from home and one conference calls all day long, which means it's like being home alone again because he's in the bedroom and I have to do everything for the girls with almost no help. It makes doing simple things like grocery shopping a real PITA sometimes.

I will say though when he's home, and isn't being sucked in by work he more than pulls his weight. He's been taking care of both girls by himself (including having to bottle feed our EBF 1 month old daughter) since Monday when I ended up in the hospital. So I'm certainly not implying that he doesn't help!

But typically... yes. I know the feeling.

Advertisement

ferrferr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:50 AM   #22
Christina
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I know just how you feel, my DH works a job that requires him to travel 10 months out of the year. He's gone from late August to June and home for the summer and it's very hard on me sometimes. And this time we have a baby due in April and we don't even know if he'll be able to make it to the birth.

Do you a support system? I'm very lucky that my mom and sister live close by and they are my saving grace alot of times
Old 08-30-2007, 09:13 AM   #23
tmfletch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Smile Re: VENTING! my husband travels too much and I'm feeling sorry for myself!

Yep- I feel ya ladies. I am in the same boat. My husband travels quite a bit for work. But luckily they are pretty flexible about letting him stay home in time for baby. When DD was born he was home for a good bit of time. So I am hoping that it will be the same with this one.

It is is tough sometimes when he leaves. We live in Utah with no family close. Closest family is a 10 hour drive away to California. But we love living in Utah so we do it. When I start feeling sorry for myself I just flip it around and tell myself how thankful I am that hubby has a job that pays him enough that I can be a SAHM. And that is certainly something for which I am thankful!!!!
tmfletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:40 PM   #24
Guardandolaluna
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't know.. I am torn. DH had business in FL last month and I missed him. Lately he is working so much when he is at home too! I almost feel bad for thinking that at least when he was in FL I wasn't annoyed because I could not have him so close and know he was still focused on work! Doesnt hat make sense!?
I know what you mean about feeling alone. It is sad, but true that most the time my only adult "interaction" has been on here or when dealing with bills on the phone, lol. My inlaws are out of the country and my parents are always busy or traveling. I have signed the kids up for a few activities and looking into signing up for yoga. I need to have a more well rounded life!

Guardandolaluna is offline   Reply With Quote