Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2007, 01:46 AM   #21
MandyS
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Why last night and my OB are a joke... and I need some advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytaylor View Post

She told me she'd see me in 2 weeks, smiled and walked out.
Please find another OB. If I hadn't switched, my darling daughter and I would be dead. I was having more problems with my last pg than I'd had with my first two, and my OB just didn't seem to care. I'd had her for my DS2, but everything had gone right, so I didn't know how she'd be in an emergency, but this time, I had a simple UTI, and she made me go to the ER because her office hours were over! I was really embarassed, because my DH works at this hosp and everyone knows us, but the nurse took one look at my chart and named my OB! She said "We always see her patients, she manages all problems by ER! I took my script and left, and the next morning I called my insurance, got approval, and switched to a Dr everyone had been recommending, and I'm so glad. The day I was 14 weeks, I was so sick, and in great pain. My old OB is known to tell women that there's nothing she can do, because if your not any further than that, you don't have a chance anyway. My new OB saw me himself, after returning a call at six in the morning, arranged for a gastro to see me, admitted me, called the surgeon, and saw me before and after my emergency appendectomy.

It's so worth it.

Advertisement

Old 08-30-2007, 06:56 AM   #22
Birdof1985
Banned
seller

My Mood:

1. Find a new OB, maybe a Doula or midwife too.

2. you ALWAYS have a choice. you can REFUSE any and all medical care you DO NOT want. RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH!!!!!! dont let an OB make you think you dont have a choice or give you some test that they havent explained well-- research and know whats going on, what could go on and be prepared. Have DH be your voice too and if you arent sure on something- you can always ask for a 2nd opinion as well.

3. contractions at any point are scary. i wouldnt be worried, but yet i am and you should be too because if you were having regular contrax and clearly some cervical change- that is not good. Not awful, but not good. Mind you, these things can go on and on the rest of your pregnancy and nothing bad may happen.
Birdof1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:37 AM   #23
sprout18
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey momma hope the contractions are still gone. I would definately get a new doctor but I do know how you feel. With ds#1 I had the same thing at 28 weeks. I was at work (1.5 hrs from my hospital and doc) and called because I was having contractions every 4-5 minutes and they seemed to be getting stronger. The nurse told me to come in right away. I got there and the doc talked to me asked if I was having a contraction right now and I said no but I am still having them. He didn't believe me!! He thought I wanted to get out of work for the day! I was so pissed - he sent me down to L&D to get monitored and within 15 minutes they had called back up to him and told him I was having contractions every 3 minutes and they were getting stronger!! After that he came right down and apologized and we went from there. I had tributaline (sp?) shots as well. I had them probably about 2x a month until I delivered (stopping about 3 weeks before I was due) and my baby boy was healthy and fine. Please change your OB - if she wasn't caring now how is she going to be when its actually time to deliver? Good luck and keep us updated.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:09 AM   #24
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Id get a new OB... but on her side of things.. my dr once told me that there is no need to check for dialation after it was checked at the hospital.. bc you can get your uterus started back up and that isnt safe at all.. but she will do an U/S to check like that.. to see how thick it is..
mrsbehaven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 11:46 AM   #25
tmfletch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's not too late. If you are not comfortable with her anymore- try interviewing a few more or asking for recommendations from other Mamas...

Good luck...
tmfletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:10 PM   #26
jodi74
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's not too late. I switched in my 8th month and I am so glad I did!
jodi74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:38 PM   #27
mammamo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Don't have anything new to say, just another person to say it's not too late to change. You'll fell better that you did!!

www.greenplanetbaby.com

mammamo is offline   Reply With Quote