Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-29-2007, 03:38 PM   #1
Merolu
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
*little pity party for me* I had to quit my job

I knew it was coming - I've got a little one due in the beginning of October, I've found it more and more difficult to keep working as a housekeeper, but I didn't want to say anything in the hopes I could keep it up. BUT - I find that if I bend over too much I get heartburn badly enough I vomit. I come home so tired I can barely move and my OB has told us that he has a feeling this babe will want to show a week or even two weeks early. My Dh has given me a talking to so I've had to contact a possible replacement and then turn in my notice. I really hate to lose her! She's such a good person, very generous, accomodating, and is HAPPY to have me bring the kids to work with me. She leaves gifts and tips and is so sweet and understanding about time off... but DH brings up good points. I would be bringing 3 children to work, taking off at least an hour to nurse and change diapers not to mention driving 30 minutes each way in the mountain winter with 4 yo, 2 yo, and nb alone. This is all IF I have a VBAC like we are planning for. If I have another c-section, I'm not even supposed to clean MY house or drive or lift anything but the baby for 4-6 weeks.
He made a good argument and won, but I'm a little sad that I just sent my notice. It's hard to say "good-bye' to such a good job!

Advertisement

Old 08-29-2007, 04:22 PM   #2
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: *little pity party for me* I had to quit my job

the dr said if you have a c/s YOU can't drive for 4-6 weeks?
over here its only the first 2 weeks, no driving and even that drives me nuts as i don't like being the passenger..lol
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:50 PM   #3
Merolu
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: *little pity party for me* I had to quit my job

yup, with my last c-section I wasn't allowed to drive for the entire 4-6 weeks Since it took abdominal control to use the pedals and if I were to be in an accident it could be pretty awful for me even if the wreck itself was mild. I have a new doc this time, I am only assuming it'll be the same, I haven't asked.