Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-11-2006, 03:39 PM   #1
SoftBumBaby
Registered Users

Dipe fit?

Hi, girls. I have gone the cheap route and have six size small Bummi WW's, along with Indian prefolds. They've been working fairly well, though I do get wicking, always above the belly (never at the legs).

I had bought two Prowraps in size medium just to try later (rather than buying a whole stash at first). I will eventually probably want about 6-8 covers and in fact am hopefully buying some covers (different brand) from a seller here. Anyway...so I had these two unused Prowraps on hand. I caught myself unawares thinking I had two extra size small Bummi covers this morning, but we had two blowouts (unusual) in the Bummis and I thought, What now? (My other covers aren't dry yet.) So I went the lazy route & instead of putting them in the dryer, I just grabbed a Prowrap.

It seems big...but not SO big. My baby is about 10.5 lbs., I think. He's 4 weeks old. What do you think--do they look too big? The first pic is a size small Bummi. The second is a size medium Prowrap. Thanks for any help!

Size small

Size medium

Advertisement

Autism Every Day
SoftBumBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 03:42 PM   #2
SoftBumBaby
Registered Users

Re: Dipe fit?

Oh geez. Maybe I should take another pic from today, looking at the way he's filled out in 2 weeks. I'm sure the smalls fit him differently today (the top pic is 2 weeks old).

Autism Every Day
Old 07-13-2006, 12:42 AM   #3
SoftBumBaby
Registered Users

Am I asking stupid questions? I don't seem to get answers here very often so far. Or is it just b/c I'm new?

I promise I'm an OK person.

Autism Every Day
Old 07-13-2006, 12:54 AM   #4
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

Hi!! No, I'm sure it's not because you're new!! We love answering questions for new people. Sometimes if the thread gets bumped too low, people don't see it. I didn't see this one until just now.

But to answer your question, I don't think they look too big. The second one does look pretty roomy, but not too much so. It looks like those are a pretty good fit so far. You probably don't want to get too many smalls, especially if your little one is already at 10 pounds. That's usually what wetness coming out the belly means; he needs a higher rise.

And he's adorable!
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 01:04 AM   #5
SoftBumBaby
Registered Users

Thanks, Fiveblessings!

We did use the mediums all day today, and they are wonderful. No leaks at all. Woo-hoo. Very happy with these.

Thank you for your nice post.

Autism Every Day
Old 07-13-2006, 06:36 AM   #6
Heidiliz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've used proraps on my boys, and I found that they stayed in their mediums the longest. They wore the newborns for a couple of weeks, then stayed in the smalls for about 2 months. After that, they were in their mediums until they were over a year old. And, I have very big kids, so I guess that shows how well proraps fit over a long period of time.

I prefer a higher rise to make sure all of the diaper is covered, so I think your baby looks just fine to me. He's quite a cutie pie!

www.d65ppc.com - Pay Per Click Management
Heidiliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:55 AM   #7
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i was going to say maybe some of the cover is getting tucked under the diaper at the top and wicking
proraps are great for stopping blow outs!!!!!