Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2007, 02:08 PM   #1
Daizy Nee
Registered Users

My Mood:
My baby is BREECH! Anyone have aversion done?

I am 37w 2 days. My baby is breech. The doc scheduled me for an aversion (turning). Just wondering if anyone else has done one and how sucessful was it? and how painful????

Advertisement

Old 08-30-2007, 02:12 PM   #2
jesshb
Registered Users
seller

Re: My baby is BREECH! Anyone have aversion done?

I have heard it's painful but not how painful...

My mom had my youngest brother breech (in a hospital!) in 1982. Is delivering vaginally breech even an option anymore? Have you discussed with with your doc?
Old 08-30-2007, 02:14 PM   #3
Mom2Gray
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What is your opinion on chiropractors? Many chiropractors are certified to do the Webster technique which often has success in getting a baby to turn.

I, too, know someone who delivered her baby breech - but I don't know how many c-sec-happy OBs would be willing to.

Good luck to you, mama!
Mom2Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:15 PM   #4
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would do a LOT of research so you can make a very educated decision. Personally i would never do one. I would attemp a vag delievery and if i had a c-section, that woudl be OK with me. I would do that LONG before a version.
My dd3 was transverse breech until 39 weeks, then went head down.

www.spinningbabies.com is a great resource

Good Luck.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:15 PM   #5
susansabrina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have not had one done but I have assisted OBs doing them as an RN. They are not very comfortable for the mother but they will most likely give you something to relax you a little. This should help turn the baby and make it more comfortable for you. Versions involve a lot of pushing and pulling on your belly. They will monitor you and the baby during and after the version for a while to make sure that everything is fine. They should do an ultrasound to confirm baby position too. Be aware that your baby might not want to turn and/or may flip right around again when the OB lets go. Good luck!!
ISO:Planet Lunchbox, zorb, Small Lunette cup, ribbon for hairbows, bento style egg molds.IHA:Sm MEAF, Med MEAF, ME Toddlease, Columbia shorts XL womens, xl maternity swimsuit, Lg Zolowear ring sling in blue/grey, 2 Robeez 12-18 mo boys, wool wash, dog costume
susansabrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:18 PM   #6
bluebonnet
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My dd was breech as well (Frank Breech). We had a manual version done in the hospital around 38 weeks and it did not work. My doctor had the best "turning" rate in the city too! :-( He tried for 20 min and my DD wouldn't budge. He said that if babies are going to turn from a version, they almost always will do it within the first 10min at most. And if they don't turn from a version then they rarely rarely will turn on their own for delivery. We ended up w/ a scheduled c-section because she was breech.

I'll be honest with you....it hurt. But...they way I figure it, labor and delivery would have hurt even more, so I didn't care. I just practiced my breathing and it was bareable. I never even uttered a sound because I was afraid the doctor would stop trying and I really really wanted my daughter to turn.

Depending on how much experience your doctor has in doing them, there is a good chance (better than 50/50) that your LO will be able to be turned thru the version. There is pain, but I really do not feel that it would be worse than childbirth itself.

If this baby is breech too, I plan on going for a version again before I schedule a c-section. I'm really really hoping for a VBAC.

Feel free to pm if you have any more questions.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:22 PM   #7
bundeleh
Registered Users
seller

My OB (who is excellent) told me the turning rate isn't fantastic, and that (somebody else said this above) there's nothing stopping your baby from just flipping back anyway. She also told me that, at least in my hospital, they just don't do vaginal delivery for breech babies, because of the complications. Therefore I had a c-section.

My mom had a version with me (hee hee) and said it hurt "like the ****ens" (her exact words).
Old 08-30-2007, 02:25 PM   #8
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My aunt had it done for one of hers.. and she said that it was worse than labor itself.. and she delivered all hers without pain meds...lol..

and she also said that it really isnt all that safe either.. they can twist up the cord..

and another thing.. her baby flipped head down the day she went into labor..
mrsbehaven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:27 PM   #9
jenjen31
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My older ds was breech and they would not do a version because of the position of my placenta and my previous history of placental abruption. I was scheduled for a c section at about 35 weeks. When the day finally came - I was about 39 weeks, the baby had turned the night before so I narrowlly averted the c-sec.
I would wait and see if the baby turns before you do it, just in case. My son was breech for so long and still mangaged to turn at the end!!

Good luck !
Wife to Roband SAHM to Owen 1/23/09, Ryan 6/26/06, Nathan 11/08/00 and #4, a girl, Emmeline 3/05/12!
ebay feedback
jenjen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:35 PM   #10
Daizy Nee
Registered Users

My Mood:

Wow! Thanks for all the quick replies!

My hospital does not do breech deliveries, and they are really not a c-sec happy hospital either. I guess I just really have to think about it. Ughhhhhh

I will see what I can do to try to make this baby flip on her own. I made the appt & the doc said I can cancel anytime, but that its easier to cancel than try to fit an appt in. I wish there was a clearcut answer. You have all made very valid points.

I almost wish the doctor just told me what I should do. He said there are pros & cons to both & he couldn't steer me either way, just gave me the rundown on both.

sigh.