Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2007, 02:41 PM   #11
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My baby is BREECH! Anyone have aversion done?

I had one done at 36wks without Terb or any other meds and it was very painless and really easy. BUT I must say, my OB has been doing them for over 20yrs and I had at least 3 nurses in watching b/c she's considered an expert at doing them. Most parents just jump at a c/s and so there aren't too many done and a lot of people wanted to watch it be done. My DS responded very well, no decels, monitored by u/s the ENTIRE time, toco & external monitors before & after and aside from some pretty nasty BH contrx it was fine. Unfortunatly my DS just didn't drop into place and flipped back around the next evening but I still had a vaginal delivery when he flipped again the following week and my dr induced. Kinda silly looking back BUT I also risked an emergency c/s if I went into labor on my own at any point and he was still anything BUT vertex, and if he was transverse like he had been, they'd have to do a vertical incision which runs a lot higher of a risk w/ bleeding. I also signed forms to do a tubal if I did have a c/s so I really didn't want a c/s unless absolutely 100%necessary. Although my entire induction was lengthly (23hrs from start to finish for 5th baby) it was very easy and uncomplicated once things really got started about 4hrs before he was born.

I also recommend seeing a chiro who SPECIALIZES in the Webster technique!!!

And also, if your baby is Frank Breech don't attempt a version. A PP mentioned their OB doing one and that just amazes me. That is one of the ONLY times I've heard a version is just impossible b/c of the very real risk of breaking bones in utero!!

Advertisement

Old 08-30-2007, 02:46 PM   #12
itsymama
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I haven't had one nor do I know anyone who has , and I honestly have not looked into them enough to know how I feel about them . I would probably start with spinningbabies.com and try to get the lil one to turn on his/her own first then read up as much as I can on aversions in the meantime . Hopefully baby will turn for you soon !

itsymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 03:02 PM   #13
small_wonders_wipes
Registered Users
seller

Both of my girls were breech until at least 38 weeks. My most recent was breech until closer to 40 weeks....there is still time. They both turned on their own and were born vaginally.

Good luck!
small_wonders_wipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:18 PM   #14
averysmom
Registered Users

I have had two. Both of them were for the same baby, and both unsussessful. From what I've been told they are sussessfull about 65% of the time. The first time they gave me terbuliane (sp?) to help relax my uterus. DD wouldn't budge. It was uncomfortable, but it didn't hurt as bad as people were telling me. We decided to try it again, then if she wouldn't turn we would just go ahead with the c-section. Again, she wouldn't turn. So a c-section it was. I really wanted to deliver breech, but my dr wouldn't let me because she had never done a breech delivery on someone under 5'. I thought that she should at least let me try. In the end it didn't even matter. My dd is healthy, that's all that mattered.
Avery Grace 8-17-05 Autumn Rose my HBAC baby 2-9-10 EXPECTING #4 sometime in Sept. 2012 Planning my second homebirth!!
averysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 05:25 PM   #15
Jillybean
Registered Users
seller

I had a version done with my 3rd and it was not bad at all, but he still wouldn't stay head down and I had a C-sec anyway. I think maybe it depends a lot on the position of your baby, mine was transverse and flipped easily. I bet its worse when they are breech with their bottom well down in your pelvis.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:29 PM   #16
katy_mb3
Registered Users
seller

My DD#2 was breech from wk 36 to wk 39. I did inverted positioning, relaxation, and chiropractic care. I don't know what worked, but by the time of our homevisit, she was pointing towards the door.

Personally, I would pursue a vaginal breech birth before attempting an external version (and especially before resigning to a c/s) - even if that meant driving 3 or 4 hours away to find an OB who'd do it. Luckily, my current MW has done some breech births and would not automatically risk me out for a home breech birth.
katy_mb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:37 PM   #17
kezoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would also check into acupuncture as a tool to help your baby turn on its own. I have a friend who had success w/ her acupuncturist & getting the babe to turn. GL!
kezoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 06:06 AM   #18
Daizy Nee
Registered Users

My Mood:

So, I guess I am leaning toward not having the aversion done. Seems like a lot of mamas that replied have had it done and a lot of times the baby just turned back to the breech position. I spent a lot of time playing Bob Marley to my pelvis last night with a warm pac down there and a cold pack at her head. Also my husband kept talking down there and shining a flash light. I guess I am just going to keep trying these tactics. Also I am going to call a chiropracter I used to go to & see if he practices the Webster method. and see if this rain lets up & go to a friends house to her pool to see if swimming helps.

Ugh! Thanks mamas for all your replies, suggestions, experience and advice. I really has been helpful.

Old 08-31-2007, 07:23 AM   #19
Monzie
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezoo View Post
I would also check into acupuncture as a tool to help your baby turn on its own. I have a friend who had success w/ her acupuncturist & getting the babe to turn. GL!
The first thing they do at my birth center when a momma has a breech presentation is send her off to the acupuncturist. Apparently, the success rate is quite high (like 70%) but sometimes takes a couple of treatments.

I've always been pretty skeptical about Chinese medicine but I was having terrible migraines during my first trimester and nothing I tried could make them go away until my midwife suggested acupuncture. So I bought one session, saw results right away, went back four more times and never had another migraine.
Monzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:21 AM   #20
JnSAlger
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Moore, OK/Chesapeake, VA/Lynbrook, NY/Huntsville, AL/Augusta, GA
My Mood:

I was transverse until they threatened my mom with a Csec...this was in 1981. my mom said within 10 minutes I flipped head down and was born 30 min later. I have been lucky so far that all 3 of mine were head down by 35 weeks. DS went head down yesterday and although I can feel him trying to go transverse again...he is vertical. I would try aversion personally... As for cord entanglement...it is a risk we take just carrying the kid. just my 0.02