Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-04-2007, 07:11 PM   #41
Mom2TJ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Had ultrasound at 5 weeks 6 days and just saw a sac.So scared this will turn out

I wouldn't panic yet (although I know it's so hard!). With my older ds (IVF), I think I was 6.5 weeks before my first ultrasound. With our second ds (FET), my first ultrasound was just past six weeks (maybe six weeks, 1 day?). I was actually surprised to see the heartbeat, because I knew it was really early. From everything I was told, it's unusual to see a heartbeat before six weeks.

I'm thinking optimistically that you just had the first ultrasound a day or two early. while you wait for the next u/s!

ETA: I just read through all your posts...I'm really surprised that they scheduled two ultrasounds for you before I ever had one! I sure hope that the next u/s holds good news. Your little guy or girl could've been a late implanter!

Advertisement

Last edited by Mom2TJ; 09-04-2007 at 07:13 PM.
Mom2TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:24 PM   #42
etsdtm99
Registered Users
seller

Re: Had ultrasound at 5 weeks 6 days and just saw a sac.So scared this will turn out

I just had an ultrasound today at 5 weeks 4(ish) days (5 weeks 6 days by LMP) we only saw a sac too .. just wanted to let you know i'm in a similar boat at the moment.. the sac measured about 5 weeks 2/3 days and they thought they could see a yoke sac inside and maybe a fuzzy spot that might have been a baby but they just couldn't tell ..

I had a BO with my last pregnancy .. when is your next ultrasound?
Old 09-06-2007, 02:48 PM   #43
CadenJames062503
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

NAK

At 6 weeks I didn't see anything with Joash! Now here I am nursing a 3 day old!

Heavenly Huggers Preparing for Winter 40% Off Sale!
CadenJames062503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:04 PM   #44
titania
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripletmomtx View Post
Just got in from Labor Day vacation had no computer access. Sorry for the wait.

My second ultrasound at 6weeks 1 day rendered the same result . Just a sac. So I am now waiting for this weeks ultrasound where they say they should see something or of course it is bad news for me. I spent the whole weekend nearly in tears. I am so scared. I feel like crap. I am so nauseous. I have terrible heart burn. My boobs are still killing me. I am starving all the time. All the symptoms of a healthy pregnancy. I am just hoping that this is not a blighted ovum which I have recently learned about (too much internet).

oh mama . i just had a mc due to blighted ovum. i lost all my pg symptoms pretty much as soon as i tested postive. it sounds to me all is going well with your pg so far. i know it is hard to stay positive, but at the same time you don't want to expect the worst. im sure everything will be fine and your little bean is growing as expected. one thing you can do is stay away from google!! i finally realized i wasn't going to find the answer i needed from the internet, and it wasn't helping me. as long as you are feeling pg, well, consider that a good thing!
Old 09-06-2007, 09:17 PM   #45
Tripletmomtx
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok here is the latest. Had my ultrasound and we saw the yolk sac and fetal pole but the little one is measuring a week behind. We did an FET so we know exactly when the little one was put in me so the dates can only be off by a day or two. Sooooooo now I wait. Just thought I would update.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:30 PM   #46
YummyYarnAddict
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripletmomtx View Post
Ok here is the latest. Had my ultrasound and we saw the yolk sac and fetal pole but the little one is measuring a week behind. We did an FET so we know exactly when the little one was put in me so the dates can only be off by a day or two. Sooooooo now I wait. Just thought I would update.
Hang in there. I'm praying for the very best outcome for you. I've been there. I've had 4 fresh IVF cycles and 3 FETs. Even with IVF where you KNOW your dates, you can have a late implantation -- moreso with frozen than fresh cycles. My 5.5yo was a twin w/a fresh cycle and was a super late implanter. I've had it go both ways and have "been through it" with all the infertility treatments over the past ten years.

I'm praying for you.
YummyYarnAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:16 AM   #47
Tripletmomtx
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Had ultrasound at 5 weeks 6 days and just saw a sac. Update post #45

Thanks, I am hoping for a good outcome but am increasingly finding myself in despair. This sucks
Old 09-07-2007, 09:20 AM   #48
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

How long is the wait mama?? Before you would know anything? Maybe he's just little
athlete wife to B and Mama to M 11.06 G 03.08 S 05.11 ^#4^
Cautiously expecting #5
www.littlesmithsgrowingup.blogspot.com
Mirasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:29 AM   #49
Crazy4Coffee
Registered Users
Formerly: tla**8
seller

My Mood:

I hope it was just a late implanter!! for a good outcome for you!
Old 09-07-2007, 09:29 AM   #50
rwooley
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Been there with the fertility stuff too. Good Luckyour in my prayers!
rwooley is offline   Reply With Quote