Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-02-2007, 10:01 AM   #41
mom2~3offspring
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: anyone get a flu shot while pregnant?

i did i got it... i also ended up catching the fluu at 37 wks prego from my 1 yr old who also got the flu shot and ended up a few months later with a flu lasting a wk of throwing up and 3 trips to er getting hydrayted 3 wks after that happened she got it again.. Yuk

Although that happeed were alll getting it this yr.. best to try to prevent is what i think
if we end up getting it this yr we wont get flu shots next yr

Advertisement

Last edited by mom2~3offspring; 09-02-2007 at 10:05 AM.
mom2~3offspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 12:25 PM   #42
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

Re: anyone get a flu shot while pregnant?

I am very very against the "flu vaccine." My husband was active duty military up until a year ago. Our daughter was born prematurely(34w) and had been home less than a week when his unit forced him to get the live version(the up the nose kind) of the flu shot. He told them he had a preemie at home susceptible to all germs and asked to defer for a month or so but they refused to let him. SOOOOOOO he got it. She was hospitalized and on oxygen and albuterol with RSV and pneumonia and a collapsed lung less than 2 weeks later. Not only would I never get the flu shot, but I would especially not get it while pregnant. Not only did my baby come within inches of dying(she was really really really sick for a long time) but my husband got sick from that stupid flumist spray too. I"m not flaming you. I'm simply explaining my point of view on how scary the shot is. And my thought on this is: why introduce a foreign substance into your body while it's doing the important work of creating another life????????? It's not safe in my opinion. If you are going to get the flu shot at all, I'd wait until you are not pregnant(maybe skip this year?). Be extra diligent about hand washing, carry sanitizer everywhere and dont' leave the house when you dont' have to. My preemie is now 2 1/2 and I STILL plan on being mostly housebound for RSV season this year because I"m still traumatized from her being so sick and hurting so much. Better to be safe than sorry.

Last edited by 3rockstars; 09-02-2007 at 12:26 PM.
3rockstars is offline   Reply With Quote