Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-02-2007, 05:27 AM   #1
StephNelson
Registered Users

My Mood:
Unhappy Need Support...

I am pretty sure there is no one on this early, but me, but I really need to get this out and try to get some support.

I just had my first baby June 23rd, 10 weeks ago...
Well at 6 weeks I had some bleeding(my pp bleeding only last a couple of weeks) I figured it was just a little more pp bleeding.
I started feeling "not right" about 1.5 weeks ago, feeling sick, nose stuffy, face breaking out, ALL the things that happen to me when I am pregnant!!!

Yesterday we were in town (we live 1.5 hours from a store) and I decided to buy 2 dollar store tests just to make myself feel better....
I took one as soon as we got home and it was POSITIVE!!! OMG OMG...
Well I have always used digital in the past so I thought maybe it was wrong. I decided to test again with FMU so I would know for sure..

Well is it 5AM here and I have tested again and I am PREGNANT, again!

Pregnant with a 10 week old!!!
How am I going to do this?
Will my body be ok?
I am a little sad, but feel guilty about that due to the hard road it was to get this beautiful baby we have! I lost 3 babies in the span of 1.5 years before the LO we have took...
We had planned to wait 2-3 years before another one!
How did this happen(ok besides the sex part)

I am scared!

~Steph

Advertisement

Old 09-02-2007, 05:39 AM   #2
myall4him2
Loving Touch Wet Bags
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need Support...

Hey!
You're not the only one up! Trying to get a shower for church before dd wakes up here!
I'm not an expert on these things, but do you think it could still be a little of the pregnancy hormones you had with your 10 week old that may still be in your body that's making the test show up positive?

Maybe not?! *shrugs* again, I'm no expert.

Call the doctor! I know it's sunday, but they usually have a nurse on call. If you are pregnant, don't be sad! Rejoice! It's a blessing from God!!! A blessing, not a curse!

Update us and let us know what the doctor says!!

myall4him2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 05:43 AM   #3
Birdof1985
Banned
seller

My Mood:

well you can still have some hormones, but you can also be very fertile after having a baby. I would call the OB and have them check for sure.

and your body will be fine- people have done it before.

Rejoice!

jen

on a side note- i have "irish twins" -- DS and DD are 15m apart and then DD and new DD will be 18-20m apart mattering when she decides to come. it can be a great blessin when you least expect it

Last edited by Birdof1985; 09-02-2007 at 06:19 AM.
Birdof1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 05:46 AM   #4
HeidiMarie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh mama....hugs to you first of all! Take a deep breath and relax! It'll be alright, I promise. I know it seems totally overwhelming right now but it really will work out. I got pregnant (totally unplanned) with my last baby. It had taken a year to conceive out fourth but months of NOT trying to get the fifth. I was completely freaking out but now as I look at our beautitul little guy, I can't imagine life without him. I certainly did not plan him yet he is (on my lap squirming and nursing!) Just let it all sink in, try not to freak and take good care of yourself..how's that for advice!!?? : )
Old 09-02-2007, 05:55 AM   #5
StephNelson
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks Mamas...

I did not use an OB last time, I used a MW and to top that off we moved 4 weeks ago from TX to AZ.
My husband is a teacher and took a position on an indian reservation... So that also means there is no town closer than 1.5 hours away. I guess I could go to the ER, but that sounds silly to me.

I plan to call Tuesday morning and make an appointment to see the closest Dr. I can find to get a blood test and ask if it could be left over hormones?

~Steph
Old 09-02-2007, 05:57 AM   #6
bluebonnet
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The leftover hormone thing sounds reasonable to me. It happens when you miscarry and can have "leftover" hormones from that for a while too that would show up on a test as "positive"

Call your doctor, even though it is Sunday and a holiday weekend. That is what they are here for.

Hugs Mama. It will all be okay. Even if you are pregnant, you will find the strength to handle things and while it may not be what you envisioned for your current or next child, you will all adapt and you may find it to be a real blessing. I think this is called "Irish Twins"
Old 09-02-2007, 06:37 AM   #7
lovemygirls
Registered Users
seller

to you mama. Everything will work out for you. My girls are 16 months apart.

Ginger
lovemygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 06:43 AM   #8
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Okay, I just have one question..

How in the world did you find time and energy to DTD with a newborn in the house? Man, I don't think I let The Hubby anywhere near me for at least a couple of months after The Kid was born. But then again, the first four months are a total blur. The leftover hormone theory sounds good, but if for some reason you truly are pregnant there's not much you can do about that except jump from the rooftops with joy.
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 07:01 AM   #9
Chrijodo
Registered Users
Formerly: RiverDrakesMomma
seller

My Mood:

If you are pregnant again I would recommend you start taking prenatals right away and maybe even an iron supplement. That's the biggest thing with pregnancy so close together your body's stores of nutrients is depleted. I know it's got to be terrifying but apparently someone felt you could handle it It'll work out momma!
Chrijodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 07:09 AM   #10
mother4JC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It will be ok mama! I would try to get ahold of a dr. as well and go from there. Like others said if you are it is a blessing.
Amy~Wife to: Josh and Mother to: Levi 2/13/00 Lillie3/29/06 Ethan 10/4/07 Evie 5/2/10 #5 Custom wet bags, Nursing Covers, & Wipes Cases, blankets, leggins, onesies I ACCEPT PP & RME Like my facebook page Threaded Thingy's **
mother4JC is offline   Reply With Quote