Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-02-2007, 06:49 PM   #1
Daizy Nee
Registered Users

My Mood:
Who else is carrying breach? ventish

They say it happens in only 3-4% of pregnancies. I have a friend who just delivered breech and another acquantance who was breech & had her baby turned. All this year. Seems more common than 3-4%???

Anyhoo - Do you feel a lot more uncomfortable? I am so uncomfortable and also in pain due to the babys head jabbing my rib. She is also carrying like straight out which results in me finding it hard to fit into my maternity shirts now! My maternity shirts are riding up! ugh.

Have you tried laying down inverted to try to turn the baby? OH MY! Sooooo uncomfortable!

Okay, I guess I'm done venting. Just wondering who else is out there going through this. I feel so lazy and kind of depressed....

Advertisement

Old 09-02-2007, 06:56 PM   #2
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: Who else is carrying breach? ventish

yes, my baby is too
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 07:06 PM   #3
Daizy Nee
Registered Users

My Mood:

have you done anything to try to turn him? Did you schedule a C?
I have an appt on Friday to try to turn my baby, but have been trying different things to see if she will on her own.
On one hand I wish the turning was sooner so I could be more comfortable, on the other hand the longer I have the more time she has to turn on her own.
Aye, aye aye. how are you feeling?
Old 09-02-2007, 08:40 PM   #4
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

I carried a transverse baby all the way to 32 weeks when she abruptly turned. Only thing I did was lay on an ironing board against the couch upside down for 30 minutes twice a day. I dont' know if that's what did it but she turned at 32 weeks and I delivered vaginally a vertex baby at 34 weeks! I think her turning so late in pregnancy combined with my weight loss and problems were what broke my water because 2 days after we found out that she was vertex, my water broke and I was hospitalized.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:46 PM   #5
mamaof10
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

My 7th was just born a in July and he was breech, transverse and correct at any moment! I went into the hospital for an induction and he was the correct way and an hour later when they were going to break my water he was breech again...

The way i could make him flip was by putting an ice pack (I used a bag of frozen peas) on his head and a heat pad down below, he would ALWAYS move his head towards the heat...once I got him flipped over if I layed down he would flip back so I had to stay completely upright...needless to say once I started having contractions I applied the ice and got him to flip and then stayed standing for the next 8 hours until I knew I would get admitted and then I stayed standing until my dr broke my water and assured me that his head was lodged where it was supposed to be.

Good Luck babies do flip when/if they want to...hands and knees worked sometimes for me but the ise trick was 100%
AND Karlee (21 mos), AND Jessika Dawn 7-6-11!
mamaof10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 09:24 PM   #6
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daizy Nee View Post
have you done anything to try to turn him? Did you schedule a C?
I have an appt on Friday to try to turn my baby, but have been trying different things to see if she will on her own.
On one hand I wish the turning was sooner so I could be more comfortable, on the other hand the longer I have the more time she has to turn on her own.
Aye, aye aye. how are you feeling?
NO i wont do anything to turn him because i will be having a scheduled c/s again.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:33 PM   #7
aggfan
Registered Users
seller

If the external version doesn't work, look into accupuncture using the moxibustion technique or chiropractor using the Webster technique. I have never BTDT, but I have read that both have a good success at turning babies yet both are little known.

You can find chiropractors who know the Webster technique at http://www.icpa4kids.com/locator/index.php
Old 09-02-2007, 10:24 PM   #8
1boy1girl1bitty2
Registered Users
seller

mine is breech at the moment and i am not going to attempt turn as there is cord too close to its neck and the risks outway the benifits so i will be schedualing a c-sec when i see the delivering doc on friday
Old 09-02-2007, 10:31 PM   #9
carrottop76
Registered Users

My Mood:

My daughter was transverse from her second US (at 29 weeks) til I went into labor at 37 weeks. I held out through 16 hours of contractions at which time she finally turned -- the wrong way!!! Then she was frank breech. I had had the webster technique performed a couple weeks earlier --which didn't work-- and had been talking about the possibility of a C-section for a couple weeks. I really didn't want to do a version due to my placenta being anterior and the increase risk of abruption. So at that point I gave in and back to the OR we went. And yes, I was very uncomfortable with her being horizontal (it looked like I was pregnant with a brick too) but since it was my first pregnancy I have nothing to compare it with. Perhaps its just plain uncomfortable no matter how they're positioned!!!
carrottop76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:50 PM   #10
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

i know the dr todl me the baby's can turn themselves up until theyre about to come down the canal, so keep your chin up mama, your liyttle peanut still has time to flip