Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-04-2007, 11:29 AM   #11
mommyofnoah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: March 08 mamas: anyone starting to feel better yet?

Well, I'm now on my 3rd round of antibiotics (4th week) for a sinus infection that got so bad I felt like I had the worst flu (dizzy, headaches, fever & chills, pain in face & ears, congestion & drainage, achy and extreme exhaustion). I am hoping that this round will finally kick it. It has made me realize that a lot of my has been from this bacteria in my sinuses and the little bean is not all to blame! I see my OB tomorrow and will talk to him about options. I have allergies and maybe I can get on some zyrtec too and keep feeling better! Hang in there mamas . It helps me to know I'm not alone!

Advertisement

Old 09-04-2007, 11:31 AM   #12
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We went for our appt today and got to schedule our US on Sept 26th! I am DYING for that day to come!
athlete wife to B and Mama to M 11.06 G 03.08 S 05.11 ^#4^
Cautiously expecting #5
www.littlesmithsgrowingup.blogspot.com
Mirasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:41 PM   #13
mommyofnoah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsjwmom View Post
I'm 13 weeks today and still feeling fairly cruddy. Not as bad as before but it doesn't matter what I eat, I'm burping it up and gagging a lot still. Still verry tired all the time too. I'm hoping this ends soon. I'm supposed to be homeschooling and instead the kids are watching massive amounts of Spongebob. I'm so ashamed. DD1 has taken to giving dd2 school lessons that she makes up. My 7 yo is a better teacher than I am!
My dh works a second job at the library and brings home all kinds of DVDs for ds to watch. He spends a lot of days watching curious george, bob the builder, toy story, wonder pets, and on and on! I try not to feel too bad because I know its not forever.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:44 PM   #14
mommyofnoah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3boysforme View Post
Some days I wonder too!
My oldest just started 2nd grade- he plays baseball and is in cub scouts.
My middle son is in his second year of pre-school- he starts Wednesday. He also takes creative movement, and art classes during the school year and he has speech therapy weekly year round.
I need to potty learn my 25 month old but I'm considering waiting until after the baby comes- because with my older boys it never took before then.
My ds is 29 months and "poopy on the potty" trained. He even flushes and tells me when he is done so I don't have to smell it! He trained himself for that, once he realized it was much nicer to have it in the potty instead of smooshed in his diaper. He just recently started telling me that he was peeing in his diaper. I try not to push it and figure he will come around when he is ready.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:44 PM   #15
mommyofnoah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirasmom View Post
We went for our appt today and got to schedule our US on Sept 26th! I am DYING for that day to come!
Are you going to find out if its a boy or girl?
Old 09-04-2007, 03:50 PM   #16
MamaJoyful
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsjwmom View Post
I'm 13 weeks today and still feeling fairly cruddy. Not as bad as before but it doesn't matter what I eat, I'm burping it up and gagging a lot still. Still verry tired all the time too. I'm hoping this ends soon. I'm supposed to be homeschooling and instead the kids are watching massive amounts of Spongebob. I'm so ashamed. DD1 has taken to giving dd2 school lessons that she makes up. My 7 yo is a better teacher than I am!
You sound like me a few years ago. Hang in there and do not beat yourself up. Realize that your children are learning through good times and through harder times. Encourage them to be compassionate towards you, and do what you can. PM me any time if you're feeling discouraged, or just needing any reassurance. I have been there. At the time I too felt ashamed, but now I am feeling free to be pregnant, and not to pressure myself to "academically" educate the children when it is just not possible. Some days/weeks are like that. Hugs to you! I hope you feel better soon mama!
Old 09-04-2007, 03:55 PM   #17
MamaJoyful
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm due March 1, so I'm in the crowd of "past the first trimester stuff." Soon! Soon! Hang in there, you others will be feeling better soon!

I just went for my first midwife appnt today and it went good. We did it in the car since it just worked better that way, lol. We're planning another home birth with this one. I listened to the baby's heartbeat, and it was good and strong. I am busy painting practically the entire house and feeling exhausted from that. But other than totally over-exerting myself, I'm doing fine.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:28 PM   #18
hsjwmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

SaraMamaJoyful and mommyofnoah:

Awww, thanks you guys! Today was a red letter day...We did a math lesson!!! I had dd2 play StudyDog so her brain wouldn't rot as much today. Um. Now they are both watching Spongebob again.

I'm trying not to beat myself up too bad about it, but to be honest, I was behind even before I got pregnant. I need a better schedule. Um...or to get off the computer!!! I think when dd2's curriculum gets here (end of this week!) I will be forced to put together a schedule of some sort. Dh says he doesn't care if I do anything else the entire day...just get their lessons done each day. Yeah, we'll see how that really flies. "What, your feet are sticking to the floor? Oh, well. I got our lessons done today!!"

Today hasn't been tooo bad sickness wise...I threw up last night, though. Evenings and nights seem to be worst. Maybe I should try going to bed by 9 and see if I sleep through the yuckies!

Mirasmom: Congrats on the ultrasound...I'm dying to get another when we can see the sex!
Old 09-05-2007, 06:59 PM   #19
Lisa-Rachelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Im 11 weeks and still feeling horrid! I feel like Ive had the flu for the past 6 weeks. Icky icky icky! I will be soooooo overjoyed when I get into the second trimester and things mellow out a little. I just look forward to having some energy back, and being able to eat without being sick. Hoorah!
Old 09-06-2007, 05:56 AM   #20
Chrijodo
Registered Users
Formerly: RiverDrakesMomma
seller

My Mood:

I'm 14 weeks 2 days and I feel much better finally! Other than the fluttering of the baby I wouldn't even feel pregnant
Chrijodo is offline   Reply With Quote