Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-13-2006, 08:49 AM   #1
Big Grown-Up Mommy
Registered Users
My Mood:
Week-long road trip with CD's? No problem!

We just got back from a week-long driving vacation in and around New England. Although we use mostly fitteds at home, I wanted something more travel-friendly for the road. I bought a dozen new FB's to add to the half dozen or so GADs and SEZ I already have and packed those, along with one VBSN, 2 fleece covers, and our 4th-of-July Zany Zebra pocket-fitted.
As it turns out, next time I'll leave the VBSN and fleece covers at home. A FB stuffed with 2 Fuzzibunz Store inserts (1 mf, 1 hemp) held my heavy wetter perfectly fine all night long. I was so glad not to have bags of stinky disposables in the hot car!
I had a large MOE hanging pail liner that we kept in the back for dirties and a large diaper backpack to keep the bulk of the stash in. Other than that, we just kept refilling our regular diaper bag and it was no trouble at all!
DH's childless friend even let us do a diaper load in his washing machine, which was super of him. We were prepared to stop at a laundromat or use the hotel machines, but this saved us some $.
I'm just posting this because I know lots of mamas wonder if cloth on a trip is really worth it and I think it definitely is.
It was also nice to just let baby-pie hang out in a t-shirt and diaper, something I would never do with disposables. Cool as a cucumber!

Heather, mom to two sweet boys: B 9/01 and S 7/05.
At MDC/HC/Pin as Heather30ish and Ebay as NYBookMom. Smoke-free, cat-friendly home!
Big Grown-Up Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote