Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-04-2007, 08:32 AM   #1
Fither
Registered Users
seller
seller

How many pairs of cloth nursing pads?

i know this will vary by person depending on how much you leak and all that, but i seriously don't know how many pairs i will need? i spent a small fortune on the lansinoh disposable pads with my first, and i do not want to do that this time.

how many pairs did you need? i think i leaked a lot at first, i would always leak from the opposite breast during my letdown, and would, of course, have just totally random letdowns.

and another question, did anyone use a cloth nursing pad that was trim enough to wear out and about and not be noticeable? i think this may be a tall order, but at least i still have a full box of the lansinoh ones for that purpose if need be.

thanks mamas!

Advertisement

Fither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 12:25 PM   #2
Fither
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: How many pairs of cloth nursing pads?

anyone?
Fither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 12:30 PM   #3
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well, i think I had about 6-8 pairs, but I honestly havent had to use them since DD was 6-8 weeks. She's 8.5 mo now and EBF but I do not leak AT ALL ever.. not even if I miss a feeding.. but I dont think Im "typical"
Old 09-05-2007, 12:31 PM   #4
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

And I meant to add.. I just bought the Gerber reusable nursing pads.. they were fairly cheap and worked well enough for me.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:32 PM   #5
mom2fussy
Registered Users
seller

I bought the cheapy Gerber pads too. I didn't start using them until DS was 4mo old, so I didn't use them when I was leaking the most. I'm certain they wouldn't have worked then.

I got a box of 6 (3 pairs), and I just rotate those. But I do a load of laundry every few days & occassionally go around the house (maybe once a week?) without using the pads. They work under MOST clothes, but I do keep the Lansinoh disposables as backups for a few shirts that show things more. My box of disposable pads has lasted me for 4 or 5 months.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:25 PM   #6
Mattsgrl
Registered Users

I have 6 different pairs that I rotate between. Unfortunantly, I have only found one pair that is trim enough to wear out without being too obvious and that is the pair that my sister gave me so I don't know the brand. I will call and ask her and let you know. I would like to get another pair or two of that brand myself.
Mattsgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 04:27 PM   #7
kclarkadpi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been using lansinoh pads for 4 1/2 months (disp.) with no prob. I just got 4 pairs of medela cotton reuseable pads, and even when i barely leak, it goes right through. Frustrating. The only way I can use them is if i put a lansinoh pad right behind them. totally defeats the point. Can't seem to find one that doesn't leak.....

good luck.
Love 'em, but my fav. quote "You've never been in love unless you've contemplated where to hide the body". Haha!
kclarkadpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:44 PM   #8
mariewes
Registered Users
seller

6-10 pairs? Try more like 15-20! My LO is 6 months old and I still leak through. I do have some that I can wear out in public, however I got them in a trade and I have no idea what kind they are. I used the sposie ones with my first and they are so gross, they stink and get sticky...and breed yeast, not fun!
Old 09-05-2007, 08:46 PM   #9
Khourtniey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had 3 pair and when one got dirty I would wash it out and use another. I made sure to always have one pair clean.. Could have probably used more.
Khourtniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:50 PM   #10
Jillybean
Registered Users
seller

I have the bravado ones, I think I have about 20 pairs and I needed them all I leak alot in the early months. I prolly could have gotten by with 10-12 pairs if I washed daily. hth