Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-04-2007, 11:38 AM   #11
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone want to join me in a no spend September??

I'm in! I need to show The Hubby that I can go a day without getting something in the mail, lol. And I really need to curb my spending. Also, does this count just for diapers or for everything? I usually allow me $1.50 a day to buy lunch at work and I already spent 6 bucks today.... But in my defense I only now saw this thread. I pwomise that I won't spend any more money that what's absolutely necessary this whole month.

Advertisement

Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 11:42 AM   #12
Mommy2JJ
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourpatch_babe View Post
I'm in! I need to show The Hubby that I can go a day without getting something in the mail, lol. And I really need to curb my spending. Also, does this count just for diapers or for everything? I usually allow me $1.50 a day to buy lunch at work and I already spent 6 bucks today.... But in my defense I only now saw this thread. I pwomise that I won't spend any more money that what's absolutely necessary this whole month.
To me it just means buying extra things that are not budgeted for....at least in our case. So basically just impulse extra buying...which yeah diapers are a biggie for me. If you have money budgeted for work/food then I would still think you could spend that. I am pretty much a SAHM so don't need to buying much extras food wise.

Mommy2JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 11:54 AM   #13
Mindi
Its a Mindi thing... you wouldn't understand
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I'm so in for no extra spending. Things are super super tight here and we cannot spend extras. We are already planning our move next summer and it will be here before we know it so we need to buckle down now!
I only bought the absolute necessaties at the store last week and that is what I am going to do again this week. We are living off the food in the freezer and the pantry. So far we have 3 weeks worth of menus planned out! I'm excited about that lol
Old 09-04-2007, 12:11 PM   #14
sweetpea76
Registered Users

My Mood:

I would like to try! I've been hoarding stuff for the past month in anticipation of this baby coming. So I should be good to go for the month since I don't plan on going out much once the little one is here. Unless, something unexpected comes up.
sweetpea76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:15 PM   #15
togg_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i'm in!
togg_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:45 PM   #16
jennyb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

count me in - we're doing dave ramsey's plan and this will help keep me focused!!!!!!!!!!

Get Cash Back from all your fave stores-Click here to join Mr. Rebates!
jennyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:04 PM   #17
redheadedangels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm in! My downfall is fastfood! There is just SOO MUCH fast food temptation around me! I swear i must live in the fast food capital of the world! I can walk to several places places plus the mall with their food court LOL! I have to stop that and i also have 2 birthdays in october i need to save a bit for so september REALLY needs to be a saving month
redheadedangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:09 PM   #18
mandikaake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd say yes but we don't have any extra spending money. I guess I could for you all.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:48 PM   #19
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd join ya but I never buy anything extra inless its something I need for the house...I feel guilty buying a container of Dawn But I'm FINALLY getting to buy something....I'm going to a consignment sale on Friday to get some stuff for the kiddos and maybe hit some yard sales if I can get DH up early enough.

GOOD LUCK LADIES, you can do it!!
Old 09-04-2007, 06:16 PM   #20
SkysMom211
Registered Users

My Mood:

So far I sold some maternity clothes, an activity table that LOs pull up on, and DS winter clothes from last year. On ebay I sold my DD Tom Arma costume from 2 yrs ago for 35ppd, I found it at a thrift store for $5 and she wore it for her 2nd halloween. So selling it for 35w/ shipping isn't too bad! Good luck to us all!

My friend just called though and needs to do a "favor" she needs me to babysit her LO which is fine but she lives 45min away and is a hike on gas, ya know. I told her I would do it but I didn't ask if she's going to pay me for my gas. She said she'd order pizza for us to eat for dinner before we hike back home at dinner time, which is nice of her but I would be cooking normally so not really that much of a payment or saving. ya know?? that's just really going to deplete my gas that I was trying to make last till next week, but I know she'd do it for me!!!
SkysMom211 is offline   Reply With Quote